1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 19, 2014 4:36 PM by Nicholas Mans-Oracle RSS

Installing EM (FMW) extension templates on Weblogic 12.1.3

Vinod-Oracle

I need to extend a WLS 12.1.3 domain with an Enterprise Manager extension template. Is there a way I can get this template directly? For WLS 11g, we used to install a small FMW component like ADF runtime so that we get an oracle_common fmw home and choose the EM templates from there. However, it seems like for 12c, we need to have a database schema for even a simple component (from the FMW 12c infrastructure stack?). We basically want to avoid this overhead of creating and maintaining a DB for something that we don't need (we don't need any FMW components except for the EM extension template). So, can I get an EM extension template installed without having to go for a Oracle DB provisioning?

• 1. Re: Installing EM (FMW) extension templates on Weblogic 12.1.3
          Nicholas Mans-Oracle

Vinod wrote:

However, it seems like for 12c, we need to have a database schema for even a simple component (from the FMW 12c infrastructure stack?).

You are correct. In order to get Fusion Middleware Control you need the infrastructure. The infrastructure requires an Oracle Database and schemas.

See: 3 Overview of Oracle Fusion Middleware Components (12c (12.1.3))

3.1 Understanding Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure

Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure is an Oracle Fusion Middleware distribution that provides Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, and the Oracle JRF infrastructure services, such as:

Oracle Application Development Framework

Oracle Metadata Services

Oracle Platform Security Services

Oracle Web Services Manager

Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control

These services are installed into the Oracle common directory inside the Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c Oracle home by the Infrastructure installer.

Note that the equivalent installer in Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g is the Application Developer 11g installer, which requires an existing installation of Oracle WebLogic Server. In 12c, the Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure distribution consists of both Oracle WebLogic Server and the Oracle JRF in a single installer.

Vinod wrote:

So, can I get an EM extension template installed without having to go for a Oracle DB provisioning?

No.