6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2014 10:18 AM by AmarnathK RSS

Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File

Greetings, I am looking to perform an export of some data from a Planning application using the OutlineLoad utility. I wanted to use the myprop_dataexport.properties file but, when using it, it is not opening or loading the myprop file.

/S:localhost

/A:TestLoad

/U:admin

/ED:/filepath/PosName.txt

/EDD:Position Name,"IDescendants(All Positions)","IDescendants(Total Employee)","IDescendants(Total Entity)","No Year,Budget,Stage 1,Unspecified Budget Item,Unspecified Element",HCP

Is there something I am doing wrong? I also use an encrypted password with the same result. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File
          AmarnathK

Is it not initiating / what is the exact error that you are getting?

Regards

Amarnath

ORACLE | Essbase

• 2. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File

Hello, I have typed the error response I received below:

Unable to open or load properties file. An exception occurred checking for or translating, unencrypted passwords in the "file name" Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception occurred checking for, or translating, unencrypted passwords in the "file path" The system cannot find the file specified. at com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspOutlineLoad.mergedCommandLineandPropFileArgs(HspOutlineLoad.java:1861)

at com.hyperion.planning.utils .HspOutlineLoad.main(HspOutlineLoad.java:1812)

• 3. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File

Ok, I have stopped trying to use the command properties file and, just used the OLU line at the command prompt,

E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\Planning\planning1>OutlineLoad -f:passfile.txt /A:TestLoad /U:admin /M /ED:\flepath\Posname1.csv /EDD:Account,IDescen

dants(Period),"No Year,Budget,Stage 1,Unspecified Budget Item,Unspecified Element",HCP /L:\filepath\AcctTest.log /X:\filepath\AcctTesterr.txt

Using the script above gives me the error message below:

No arguments were derived from a property file.

Command line arguments: /X:\filepathAcctTesterr.txt /A:TestLoad /ED:\Automations\BCBSA_IMPORT_EXPORT\Posname1.csv /L:\Filepath\AcctTest.log /M /U:

bcbsa_job /EDD:Account,IDescendants(Period),No Year,Budget,Stage 1,Unspecified Budget Item,Unspecified Element,HCP

Submitted (merged) command line: /X:\filepath\AcctTesterr.txt /A:TestLoad /ED:\filepath\Posname1.csv /L:\filepath\AcctTest.l

og /M /U:admin /EDD:Account,IDescendants(Period),No Year,Budget,Stage 1,Unspecified Budget Item,Unspecified Element,HCP

Error parsing /EDD switch argument: Parse of /EDD switch argument failed: Expected 4 fields but parsed 8: LoadMember field: Account Data Member field: IDescendants(Period) POV field: No Year

Plan Type field: Budget Extraneous field: Stage 1 Extraneous field: Unspecified Budget Item Extraneous field: Unspecified Element Extraneous field: HCP

• 4. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File
                AmarnathK

Can you use a forward slash "/" instead of backward slash "\" in your path and try one more time

Is your passfile correct?

• 5. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File

Thank you AmarnathK, I updated the slashes and still got an error, "

The input line is too long.

The syntax of the command is incorrect."

I used the Command Properties file approach and have the following command line:

OutlineLoad -f:passfile.txt /CP:E:\Automations\BCBSA_IMPORT_EXPORT\myprop_dataexport.properties

The command properties file is pasted below:

/S:mdcdapphyp01wv.bcbsa.com
                  /A:TestLoad
                  /U:bcbsa_job
                  /L:Automations/BCBSA_IMPORT_EXPORT/AcctTest.log
                  /X:Automations/logs/MetadataLogs/AcctTesterr.txt

/ED:Automations/BCBSA_IMPORT_EXPORT/PosName.txt
                  /EDD:Position Name,"lvl0Descendants(All Positions),lvl0Descendants(Total Entity)","Vacancy,No Year,Budget,Stage 1,Unspecified Budget Item,Unspecified Element",HCP

• 6. Re: Exporting Data from a Planning Application to a Flat File
                    AmarnathK

It seems that quotes in /EDD section is not completely correct. I am not sure if those are getting truncated by this forum. Can you enclose individual elements in quotes and see

I am not an expert but I will try to dig more and will let you know if i find anything

HTH

Amarnath

http://amarnath-essbase-blog.blogspot.com/