2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 1:04 PM by Anthony Dodds RSS

Mass Position Approvals in PSPB

MichaelCHy

Hello, asking to see if anyone else is looking at PSPB to do mass approvals of positions? Currently, you have to select each position one by one and, the Approval menu has the Approval business rule assigned to mark each position selected as approved. I have heard not to update existing PSPB rules so, what is the advice if the client has hundreds of positions to approve? I can't see the one by one approval approach being best practice. All advice is appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Mass Position Approvals in PSPB
          MichaelCHy

Hello all, I created the following script in Calc Manager and, the script is still not validating:

SET EMPTYMEMBERSETS ON;

SET UPDATECALC OFF;

SET CREATENONMISSINGBLK OFF;

FIX ("BegBalance","FY14", "Forecast", "Stage 1",(@DESCENDANTS(Entity,0),"Unspecified Element","Unspecified Budget Item", (@DESCENDANTS(Position,0)

"Approval Status" == [[Approval_Status.Approved]];

ENDFIX

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Mass Position Approvals in PSPB
            Anthony Dodds

FIX ("BegBalance","FY14", "Forecast", "Stage 1",(@DESCENDANTS(Entity,0),"Unspecified Element","Unspecified Budget Item", (@DESCENDANTS(Position,0))

"Approval Status" == [[Approval_Status.Approved]];

ENDFIX

Are you missing the last bracket at the end of the first line in the FIX after Position,0)

Thanks

Anthony