3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 1:44 PM by Denzz RSS

Hyperion DRM validation

Hi guys,

I have a query in hyperion DRM node ID creation.

when we create a node ID under a member within an hierarchy ,we give a first number say '1'and click on ID so that next ID gets auto generated sequentially as '11','12','13' and so on  which is a manual job.

But it want to restrict my ID creation only to certain digits and not allow any ID to be created allowing any numeric character .

Thanks

Madhu

• 1. Re: Hyperion DRM validation
          Denzz

Hi Madhu,

It is a little unclear of what is required here, when you say that you create a new Node ID... do you mean you create a Node? can you please explain you requirement briefly?

Thanks

Denzz

• 2. Re: Hyperion DRM validation

Hi Denzz,

To answer to your query, Yes creating a new node ID means creating a new Leaf node under a member with enabling the AllowNextIDGeneration as True.

So ,when we create a new leaf node under a member and give the node name as '10' for example and click on ID on the top right corner of the dialogue box then the Leafnode(node ID) which gets created is '101' and on second time creating a leaf node with same name as'10' and clicking in ID the leafnodes(node ID) gets created as '102' and third time as '103' and so on.........

My query is Insted af giving Leaf node as '10' if some  user is giving a alpha numeric character a leaf node name say '1a' or '1b' then it should through an error for alpha numeric character

entered and should not allow a leaf node creation with numeric characters entered. ( I want to create a validation for this).

and also I have restricted my leaf node creation to a max length of 9 digits and it is not allowing a node to be created more than 9 digits but its allows a node to be created less than 9 digits( need a validation to be created for this query also).

Thanks

Madhu

• 3. Re: Hyperion DRM validation
              Denzz

Oh OK, assuming I have understood you correctly..here is something that you can use in your validation logic

And(IsNumeric(Abbrev()),Equals(Integer,Length(Abbrev()),9))

Let me know if this works for your validation.