1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 2:44 AM by Sumeet Darode RSS

UPK 11.1.0 error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi,

I was trying to install UPK to my new PC, and once I finished installation, and launched UPK, it gives the following messages.

All the current installed UPK users can still work in their UPK developers, so I don't think this is a sever issue. I tried with 2 more new PCs, and both of them have the same issue. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks a lot!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Developer encountered a critical error and must be restarted. Exiting will close the application.

If possible, Developer will ask to save your work.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.ControlFormPainter.DrawCaption(GraphicsInfoArgs e, ControlFormViewInfo vi) in d:\Projects\Oracle\Sources11.1.4\DevExpress.XtraBars\DevExpress.XtraBars\BarFormPainters.cs:line 102

at DevExpress.XtraBars.Painters.ControlFormPainter.Draw(GraphicsInfoArgs e, CustomViewInfo info, Object sourceInfo) in d:\Projects\Oracle\Sources11.1.4\DevExpress.XtraBars\DevExpress.XtraBars\BarFormPainters.cs:line 91

at DevExpress.XtraBars.Forms.ControlForm.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) in d:\Projects\Oracle\Sources11.1.4\DevExpress.XtraBars\DevExpress.XtraBars\Controls\BarControlForm.cs:line 384

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at DevExpress.Utils.Win.TopFormBase.WndProc(Message& m) in d:\Projects\Oracle\Sources11.1.4\DevExpress.Utils\Shadows.cs:line 150

at DevExpress.XtraBars.Forms.ControlForm.WndProc(Message& msg) in d:\Projects\Oracle\Sources11.1.4\DevExpress.XtraBars\DevExpress.XtraBars\Controls\BarControlForm.cs:line 198

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)