3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 4:49 AM by D_P RSS

Data Mapping change not being picked up

I changed a lookup value and ran the package.But the package picked up the old value when it ran.Do I need to refresh something after making any mapping change?

• 1. Re: Data Mapping change not being picked up
          Nishikant-Oracle

Hi

Scenario is the only object in ODI which needs to be regenerated in case of changes. In case if you are executing odi package, then there is nothing to refresh.

Where did you make this lookup value change? Can you post some snapshots.

Thanks

Nishikant

• 2. Re: Data Mapping change not being picked up
            umit

I changed a lookup value and ran the package.But the package picked up the old value when it ran.Do I need to refresh something after making any mapping change?

Hi,

Are  you sure it is a package? Because packages don't need to be refresh.But if it is a scenario then you must regenerate the package or create a new scenario.

Regards

• 3. Re: Data Mapping change not being picked up
              D_P

bit confusing to answer this:

However a generic answer is : Mappings are usually done in the interfaces, now if you have changed the mapping in the interface and saved it, and now you are using the same interface in the package without creating the scenario of either of them, then there is no need of any refresh.

How ever if the case is:

Interface also has a scenario and Package also has a scenario , then you have regerate both the scenarios and then execute it. All the changes done by you will be reflected then.