5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2014 5:17 AM by 2655429 RSS

polling in file adapter

Hi All,

i am trying to poll 2 files with the help of file adapter in 2 different proxy service in osb.

my requirement is 2nd file polling will not start  untill 1st adpater sucessfully polled the 1st file present in that folder.

please let me know how can we apply wait for the 2nd polling file ...!!

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay

• 1. Re: polling in file adapter

Check this out -

Oracle JCA Adapter for Files/FTP - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.3)

4.2.13 File-Based Triggers

You can use the Oracle File and FTP Adapters, which provide support for file-based triggers, to control inbound adapter endpoint activation. For information about how to use file-based triggers, see Section 4.3.1.4, "File Polling."

Using Trigger Files

By default, polling by inbound Oracle File and FTP Adapters start as soon as the endpoint is activated. However, to obtain more control over polling, you can use a file-based trigger. Once the Oracle File or FTP Adapter finds the specified trigger file in a local or remote directory, it starts polling for the files in the inbound directory.

For example, a BPEL process is writing files to a directory and a second BPEL process is polling the same directory for files. To have the second process start polling the directory only after the first process has written all the files, you can use a trigger file. You can configure the first process to create a trigger file at the end. The second process starts polling the inbound directory after it finds the trigger file.

The trigger file directory can be the same as the inbound polling directory or different from the inbound polling directory. However, if your trigger file directory and the inbound polling directory are the same, then you should ensure that the name of the trigger file is not similar to the file filter specified in the Adapter Configuration page shown in Figure 4-21.

The content of a trigger file is never read and therefore should not be used as payload for an inbound receive activity.

• 2. Re: polling in file adapter

Inbound Adapter should not read the file unless it finds the trigger file in the folder.

Trigger file can be written once your first adapter completes the task.

• 3. Re: polling in file adapter

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply.

please let me know one more thing

1)  can we dynamically change the trigger file location? means from where we want to trigger our file polling.

• 4. Re: polling in file adapter

@2655429

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply.

please let me know one more thing

1)  can we dynamically change the trigger file location? means from where we want to trigger our file polling.

• 5. Re: polling in file adapter

While writing the trigger file, File adapter gives you option of both Physical and Logical Path.