3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 12:14 AM by Gary Graham-Oracle

Unable to save sql file

Gaétan Francoeur

Hi,

In SQL Developer 4, I'm unable to save a SQL file. The "Save" icon is greyed out.

Any idea why?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to save sql file
          Gary Graham-Oracle

No.  In the early adopter releases prior to the 4.0.2 production release, there were some issues with Save, but not with Save remaining in a greyed out state after changing the worksheet's contents.  It might help if you give a detailed description of how you open the file / worksheet, how the file gets modified (keyboard input? copy/paste?), the exact version of SQL Developer in use, the OS, the JDK version, etc.

If the contents have been changed, is the File > Save As menu item enabled?   If you attempt to close the worksheet, do you get a Save informational dialog popping up with a notification the file has been modified and asking if it should be saved?

Regards,

Gary

SQL Developer Team

• 2. Re: Unable to save sql file
            Gaétan Francoeur

Hi,

Version 4.0.2.15

Build 15.21

What's weird is that Save all isn't greyed out, but it doesn't work either.

All I do is connect to one of our databases and write a new SQL script.

I tried both, keyboard input and copy/paste.

Database on AIX server.forum.jpg

• 3. Re: Unable to save sql file
              Gary Graham-Oracle

When things get weird, we need some debugging feedback.  You can try a combination of ...

1. Launching SQL Developer from a console window (...\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.exe) to see if any messages appear in the console.

2. In your sqldeveloper.conf file, change the line IncludeConfFile  sqldeveloper-nondebug.conf to use sqldeveloper-debug.conf instead.

If you have View > Log open, then the Messages - Log tab may give some clues.

-Gary-