3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 7:09 PM by rp0428

DB policies in SQL Developer

user4609264

DBAs have implemented some db policies (hiding some information), my IP Address is registered to have the grant of show that information, sql plus works fine (it shows the field values), but, SQL Developer does not show the field values.  Any Idea?

• 1. Re: DB policies in SQL Developer
          Any Idea?

Yes - SHOW US what you are talking about?

We can't see your monitor or your keyboard. So we have NO idea:

1. WHAT you are doing

2. HOW you are doing it

3. WHAT results you get

4. WHAT results you expected to get

• 2. Re: DB policies in SQL Developer
            user4609264

Thanks for your answer:

Lets see...

1.-  Executing a single statement:

select proposed_salary_n

from per_pay_proposals

2.- I'm runnin the previos statement in the SQL Worksheet of SQL developer.

3.The query results shows "NULL" for proposed_salary_n in all the records.

4.- I want to see the values for proposed_salary_n (I know that the colunm "proposed_salary_n" has a value, it is not null)

Notes:

A) In order to hide some information for non autorizhed users, DBA's have implemented some database policies.

b) My IP address was included in the data base policies to allow me to see that information.

c) The same statement but, executed in the command line of SQL PLUS, it shows the values

consulta.png

Regards

• 3. Re: DB policies in SQL Developer

Notes:

A) In order to hide some information for non autorizhed users, DBA's have implemented some database policies.

b) My IP address was included in the data base policies to allow me to see that information.

c) The same statement but, executed in the command line of SQL PLUS, it shows the values

The problem is likely in the way in which those 'policies' were implemented.

Seems that the policies they implemented do NOT include you, your IP, your machine, people using Sql Developer or something else.

Some orgs try to prevent people from using particulars tools (e.g. Toad or Sql Developer). Others try to prevent access by machine name or location.

Depending on how you connect the DB won't have ANY idea what your IP address even is and if it does IPs can be spoofed and often are when using a middle-tier web/app server.

Trace through the code the DBAs implemented to see what it is doing (I'm assuming they won't want it posted here).