5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 12:16 PM by alwu-Oracle

Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)

I've seen some code examples, all use the class "oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.ModelOracleSem.createOracleSemModel (oracle, string);" which creates an RDF model, but I have already created with use SQLplus, and I want to make a simple READ. Is there a way to make ?

NB: my journey was as follows, I realized this tutorial (everything works fine), but now I want to reproduce CRUD queries on the Family model (which is extracted from the Oracle documentation) using JAVA the Jena API.

code :

OracleThin.createOracleSemModel(oracleThin.getOracle(), modelName);

}

• 1. Re: Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)
          alwu-Oracle

Hi,

I am trying to understand  your question. So you have four models and I assume you want to run a SPARQL query against the union of the four models, right? If that is your goal, you can do something like:

String[] modelNames = new String[]{"datebaseeva", "datebaselocalebackup", "datebaseMesuresMains"}; 
              String[] rulebases =new String[]{};

Attachment attachment = Attachment.createInstance(modelNames, 
                  rulebases, 
                  InferenceMaintenanceMode.NO_UPDATE, 
                  QueryOptions.ALLOW_QUERY_INVALID_AND_DUP); 

//

// The following allows us to attach EVA, LOCALEBACKUP, MESURESMAINS to the LOCALE model

//

GraphOracleSem graph = new GraphOracleSem(oracle , "datebaselocale", attachment, true); 

String queryString =

"PREFIX ORACLE_SEM_FS_NS:   <http://oracle.com/semtech#allow_dup=t> " + ___PUT_YOUR_QUERY_HERE___;

ModelOracleSem m = new ModelOracleSem(graph);

Query query = QueryFactory.create(queryString);

// Now, the following query will run against the 4 models.

QueryExecution qe = QueryExecutionFactory.create(query, m);

Hope it helps,

Zhe Wu

• 2. Re: Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)

On Target :

When I use createOracleSemModel(oracle, "FAMILY"); I have the following error message :

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building Oracle12c 1.0-SNAPSHOT

--- exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:exec (default-cli) @ Oracle12c ---

Oct 07, 2014 4:05:52 PM ca.ireq.liost.oracle12c.connect.OracleThin <init>

INFO: Connection try ... : jdbc:oracle:thin:@liost:1521:LIOST with user odemardfusr

Oct 07, 2014 4:05:53 PM ca.ireq.liost.oracle12c.connect.OracleThin createOracleSemModel

SEVERE: Erreur of createOracleSemModel :72000

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-13199: Error in SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_MODEL: SQLERRM=ORA-55317: model "FAMILY" already exists dss=SELECT count("TRIPLE") FROM "FAMILY_TPL"

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MD", line 1723

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 17

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF", line 1913

ORA-06512: at line 1

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:450)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:399)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:1017)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:655)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:249)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:566)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java:210)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java:53)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.executeForRows(T4CCallableStatement.java:938)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1075)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3820)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3923)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java:5617)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1385)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.Oracle.executeCall(Oracle.java:756)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.OracleModelBase.createTables(OracleModelBase.java:2245)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.GraphOracleSem.createTables(GraphOracleSem.java:977)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.GraphOracleSem.<init>(GraphOracleSem.java:853)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.GraphOracleSem.<init>(GraphOracleSem.java:762)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.GraphOracleSem.<init>(GraphOracleSem.java:663)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.GraphOracleSem.<init>(GraphOracleSem.java:509)

at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.jena.ModelOracleSem.createOracleSemModel(ModelOracleSem.java:86)

at ca.ireq.liost.oracle12c.connect.OracleThin.createOracleSemModel(OracleThin.java:32)

at ca.ireq.liost.oracle12c.crud.Select.<init>(Select.java:26)

at ca.ireq.liost.oracle12c.crud.Select.main(Select.java:57)

BUILD SUCCESS

Total time: 3.948s

Finished at: Tue Oct 07 16:05:53 EDT 2014

Final Memory: 5M/123M

another method to do a reading?

• 3. Re: Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)
              alwu-Oracle

Hi,

Please try catch this SQL Exception and move on with your query.

Thanks,

Zhe Wu

• 4. Re: Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)

hello,

I used "new GraphOracleSem" for not triggered  exception when the Family model already exists,

I have other questions:

1- What is the difference between GraphOracleSem and createOracleSemModel?

2- I have used in my project the union model with virtual media, with the aim of creating optimized model but I not saw what are the real benefits or is happening in the background in oracle?

big thank's

• 5. Re: Read an existing model (12c + with oracle database option tripled)
                  alwu-Oracle

Hi,

GraphOracleSem implements the Graph interface, while createOracleSemModel returns an instance of OracleModelSem which implements the Model interface.

However, you can easly wrap a graphOracleSem in a modelOracleSem object. Also you can easily get a graphOracleSem object from a modelOracleSem object.

Regarding 2, if you create a virtual model on top of multiple models (and/or rulebases), there is a good chance that SPARQL queries can go faster when executed against the virtual model.

Hope it helps,

Zhe Wu