6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 6:23 AM by YSP

ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2

YSP

Hi,

On development environment, ERPI is throwing some issues suddenly,it was working fine before.

On training environment ERPI is working fine.

Please let me know if there is any way to connect ERPI of Training environment to FDM of Development Environment.

Guide me if i need to connect to any staging to get data from one Env. to another Env.

EPM Version:11.1.2.2.306

Thanks

YSP

• 1. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

you cannot cross environments.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
            TomBlakeley

Hi,

If you really need to cross environments, you could go ahead and point the FDM source system adapter for ERPi in your Development Environment to the test instance of ERPi.

To do this:

Navigate to Source System Adapters on the left

Edit the ERPi source system adapter

Change the credentials/links to point to the Test instance of ERPi

This at least gets you connected - your rule names need to be exactly the same for this to really work out.

Goodluck!

• 3. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
              Francisco Amores

i would not recommend crossing environments...

- They don't share security so it may fail when FDM executes the DLR via web service

- FDM database on ENV1 will try to create dblink to ERPI database on ENV2 (they may not see each other)

"On development environment, ERPI is throwing some issues suddenly,it was working fine before."

My first recommendation would be to solve your issue in Development.

Hope that helps

• 4. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
                YSP

Thanks for your suggestions.

To solve the issue we reconfigured the FDM - ERPI using EPM configurator and dropped existing tables.

But we have got one strange surprise that the settings /setup done in ERPI are still available there and those have not got affected even we have dropped the tables and reconfigured it. i.e. we are able to see the rule we have made in ERPI to execute the data export and import process and also the mappings are available there.

May you please let me know where does ERPI stores these settings, mappings and other configurations and why those did not get deleted after dropping tables of ERPI schema?

Thanks

YSP

• 5. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
                  TomBlakeley

Hi,

Just to clarify, when you ran the configurator you selected Configure Database and then chose to drop and recreate existing tables correct? The schema referenced was the ERPI schema as well when choosing a database.

• 6. Re: ERPI FDM intermediate Staging table 11.1.2.2
                    YSP

Yes, we dropped the tables and recreate existing tables and the schema was referred as the ERPI schema only. And this has been done two times i.e. dropping the tables and recreate tables but we got the same thing i.e. the setup is still existing.and even the dataload rules are getting executed.

Please let me know why this happened , why the setup has not been disappeared?

Thanks

YSP