2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 2:26 PM by Ramith

FDM Report Group Security

Ramith

Hi All

I have a question.

In FDM, there are 2 report Groups A and B and some reports inside each of these. I want one set of users to see only reports inside Report Group A and one set of users to see only reports inside Report Group B. Can this be achieved some how based on security level? If yes, then how?

Also can someone explain to me the concept of Intermediate -2/3 etc?

• 1. Re: FDM Report Group Security
          TomBlakeley

Hi,

Take a look at the attached admin guide:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/erpi_admin_11123520.pdf

There is a section in here on "Adding Report Groups" and then another section on "Defining Report Security" - where you assign security to a group.

The concept of intermediate - these are available groups where you can, as the administrator, set varying levels of security. If you wanted, to could use these groups to secure your Report Groups, and then give users the appropriate Intermediate level of access.

• 2. Re: FDM Report Group Security
            Ramith

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply.

Say Report group A is set to security level Intermediate-2 and report group B is set to security level  Intermediate-3.

Even for this scenario, user who has access of Intermediate-2 can still see both report groups A and B whereas a user who has access of Intermediate-3 can see only report group B.But what I will be needing is some users to see only A and some users to see only B.

Any way how it can be done?