4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 3:40 PM by 862954

Conditional Map in FDM version 11.1.2.1.501

I am on FDM version 11.1.2.1.501 and need to create a conditional map for the Account dimension. The condition is to check the value of a statistical account in HFM and if it is 1 to map the source account to a target account,. However, if the statistical account value is two, to map to a different target account. The HFM version is also 11.1.2.1.501

Please help to share the sample code and how to in FDM.

• 1. Re: Conditional Map in FDM version 11.1.2.1.501
          Francisco Amores

I would build an event script to run this mapping using a SQL Update Statement.

You could build a mapping script which gets from HFM a value but that may not be performing well.

Are you going to check different statistical accounts or always the same for you source Accounts.

Is this mapping for a large number of source accounts?

There is no sample code for this solution so you would have to create it.

I would start thinking about the solution at high level and then find a good way of implementing this. As a I said I would suggest create a solution were:

- mappings are maintained in the FDM mapping tables

- the mapping itself is executed in the event script and not in the standard mapping process.

I don't know you FDM skills but this solution requires some experience and understanding of mapping process.

I hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Conditional Map in FDM version 11.1.2.1.501

Thanks for the response Francisco.

We will be using a single Statistical account value in HFM, depending on the value 1 or 2, to map our Sales source account to a specific Sales target account, in FDM, for all entities/FDM locations.

This mapping,is therefore, only for a few Sales Source account, for all locations.

I would appreciate any sample code that checks on the value of an account in HFM. With this lead, I will be able to build the Event script.

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Conditional Map in FDM version 11.1.2.1.501
              Francisco Amores

Hi,

Check Rules do exactly what you say, connect to HFM and get a cell value.

You can find the code your are looking for in the Action Scripts of the HFM Adapter:

Go to FDM Workbench Client > Expand the adapter > Expand Action > Double Click VALUEGET

This is a good starting point for your requirement.

Please mark questions as helpful or correct when you consider so others can see its feedback when having similar issues.

Regards

• 4. Re: Conditional Map in FDM version 11.1.2.1.501

Thank you, Francisco.

I will update you in a few days after trying your sugestion.

Regards