5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 11:22 AM by tluefex

Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?

tluefex

Hi,

I think I remember some website about sqldeveloper (it was made in APEX I think to remember), where one could add feature requests and file bugs.

Now I would like to let them know that DDL Export is not handling the Flag "Storage" properly anymore (I always get all storage details, although I prefer not to and disabled that flag - it made no difference).

Thanks for pointing me to the right URL before I go and create an SR with Oracle Support.

Cheers,

Tom

• 1. Re: Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?
          Now I would like to let them know that DDL Export is not handling the Flag "Storage" properly anymore (I always get all storage details, although I prefer not to and disabled that flag - it made no difference).

Post an example of what you are talking about.

Just saying 'I have a problem' isn't enough for anyone to help you.

• 2. Re: Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Feature Requests, to be voted up/down can be submitted to sqldeveloper.oracle.com

Bugs can be reported to My Oracle Support

• 3. Re: Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?
              tluefex

Thanks Jeff, so My Oracle Support would be where to go to.

This check box is what I am talking off, but it resolved itself. I guess, after changing this, I missed to restart SQLDeveloper in order to get this "last selected" setting also being applied to the tab "SQL" when viewing a table.

I can't find the same setting somewhere under "Tools" -> "Preferences..." so I assumed it somehow remembers my last choice when I last exported some DDL. Could that be?

• 4. Re: Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?

I can't find the same setting somewhere under "Tools" -> "Preferences..." so I assumed it somehow remembers my last choice when I last exported some DDL. Could that be?

Thanks for posting the details - now we can help.

Tools => Preferences => Database => Utilities => Export

You will see the same set of options to choose. That is for version 4

If you are still on version 3 it is a different:

. . . Database => Unload /View DDL Options

We can only help people based on the info they post. When they don't post specifics about the versions/platforms/etc they are using it is pretty hard to give specific help.

We still have no idea what version you are using or whether you still believe you have found a bug of some sort.

• 5. Re: Where to file a bug in sqldeveloper?
                  tluefex

Thanks rp0428

I did not find this one you now pointed me to: version 4: Tools => Preferences => Database => Utilities => Export

PS:

That even helped me to change the default export path :-) Thanks!

Default is                          C:\Users\user1

I now changed it to           C:\Users\user1\Documents (this saves me a few click on Windows7 to get to the file in Windows Explorer)