4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 8:54 AM by Abhi83

Routing modified PR for reapproval

Hi,

I'm working with Oracle 11i with iProcurement and AME implemented to manage approvals. Currently if the value of any open PR is modified, it would be routed back to the approval process.

Does anyone know where I could check / change the configuration / AME ruleset that would route modified PRs for reapproval? I am currently looking at the AME rulesets and while they have rules that govern the approval process, I cannot seem to find anything that shows the rerouting of modified PRs.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Routing modified PR for reapproval
          Abhi83

The PR re-approval is not governed by a different rule. Any modification done to the PR and re-submission will invoke the same AME rule which was initially invoked for the first approval.

Also, PR's don't have version control and hence there is no scope of applying a different rule for initial PR, v/s rule after changing the PR.

Hope this clarifies.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Routing modified PR for reapproval

Abhi83 wrote:

The PR re-approval is not governed by a different rule. Any modification done to the PR and re-submission will invoke the same AME rule which was initially invoked for the first approval.

Also, PR's don't have version control and hence there is no scope of applying a different rule for initial PR, v/s rule after changing the PR.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for the answer.

So to clarify, any modification done to the PR would take it back to the original AME approval process?

Is there any way to only take PRs that had increased in value for reapproval? If so, any way I could check this?

• 3. Re: Routing modified PR for reapproval

I am also getting other replies saying the following:

1) Any modification to PO that is above the original amount will go back for reapproval. Unless in purchasing options there is price tolerance percentage enforced, then reapproval only applies for any change in value % above the original amount.

2) In AME we can check Requestor Change Order Approval for any associated AME rule on reapproval.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you

• 4. Re: Routing modified PR for reapproval
                Abhi83

Hi,

Point 1 - This is not relevant to your case, which is usage of AME for PR approvals. In this point what is being talked about is automatic approvals based on certain tolerances. This can be done for Agreements, Releases and Purchase Orders (Standard and Complex).

Point 2 - Requester Change order is a function which is used to carry forward impact of change done to a PR onto a PO, with or without subsequent approvals and with tolerances as applicable. Again this is not relevant to the case in question.

If your requirement is to identify the value of Increment in the PR amount and that becomes a basis for further approvals, I doubt that's possible as there is no archive of a PR which is stored.

Please check with business on exact purpose of this requirement. I can understand this can be a valid requirement for a PO, but its not convincing for a PR.

Thanks,

Abhi