2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 9:00 AM by Abhi83

Approval Status - Stuck In Process

Jonathan_Ditchfield_1985

Good Afternoon,

I have a purchase order on Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10.2 that require closing.  However I am unable to close as the Approval Status shows In Process.  I have checked the Action History screen and the last action was the 09-JUn-2014 and it was Rejected.  The requsition behind this also shows Rejected, however I cannot see how we can take this from In Process.

Would someone be able to help me on this please?

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

• 1. Re: Approval Status - Stuck In Process
          mlang

If you have access, look at "View Approval through Workflow" under the Inquire menu - it'll give you more detail on what's happened and what actions have been tried.

• 2. Re: Approval Status - Stuck In Process
            Abhi83

Q 1 - Are you using Encumbrance ? If yes, this is a common problem. We face it quite often.

Q 2 - Did you check if the user received the rejection notification.

Steps:

Login as "Sysadmin" user, navigate to the function status monitor

Search for your requisition using PO number in the User Key field

Look for the process which as failed.

A typical solution would be to run a standard Oracle script to bring the PO back to Incomplete status, re-submit and on approval close it.

There is a generic datafix script shipped as a patch. This script will help in resetting the document to Incomplete / Requires Reapproval status. There after you can adjust the PO to have correct quantities and re-approve it.

The datafix script is $PO_TOP/sql/poxrespo.sql. Please read the documentation and try out in test instance first.