1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 8:36 AM by werner.zenner

    Apex translations: publish translated application  gives error "Error publishing application(s). (Row 1)"

    werner.zenner

      Hi,

       

      After seeding and translating our application we receive an error while trying to publish a translated application.

      The error is : "Error publishing application(s). (Row 1)".

       

      We are currently working in oracle 11.2 and apex 4.2.2.00.11

       

      How can we get some more details concerning this error, so
      that we can start looking for a solution?

       

       

      I deleted the translations for our application in the apex tables "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_DYNAMIC_TRANSLATIONS$" and seeded and published the application again, but i stilll got the same error.

      This was just for testing that the error wasn't caused by special characters in our translated items. I do want to avoid deleting everything and starting all over with the translations.

       

      I also tried to copy our application to a new application, the translation mappings were copied but the translations itself did not seem to be copied.

      I seeded and published the translations anyway and there were no problems.

       

       

      Kind regards

        • 1. Re: Apex translations: publish translated application  gives error "Error publishing application(s). (Row 1)"
          werner.zenner

          Hello,

           

           

          Just wanted to let you know i found the cause of the error and maybe this solution can help others.

           

          Instead of seeding and publishing via the Apex screens i used a script to seed and publish, the script uses the procedure "wwv_flow_translation_utilities.seed_and_publish".

          After executing this script there was a more detailed error where i could work on, the error was "ORA-20001: Error during execution of wwv_flow_copy: WWV_FLOW_STEP_ITEMS >> ORA-02291: Integriteitsbeperking (APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_STEP_ITEMS_PLUG_FK) is geschonden - bovenliggende sleutel is niet gevonden."

           

          After digging into the items and plugs i found an item in application 137 wich was linked to a region of another application 136.

          Now how this happened is still a question mark, but changing the region of that item to a region of the same application solved this issue.

          I had to change it by using the "Edit all" function because going to the detail of that item made apex go in error mode.

           

           

           

          Regards