1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2014 2:17 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

what did it means that 'installation of sqldev' ...????

pathak.pk

rp0428, SQL Developer

what did it means that " installation of sqldev" ...????

As i guess, its a standalone package which consists of some binaries required for its execution, and when first time execute the sqldev exe file you asked to locate the jdk path.

and i am a bit confused about the directory structure of the package as it contains the

sqldeveloper-4.0.3.16.84-x64 (extracted folder from downloaded zip file)

|---------------------sqldeveloper (folder)

|---------------------sqldeveloper.exe

|---------------------sqldeveloper (folder)

|------------------bin (folder)

|----------------sqldeveloper.exe
                                                                                                                              |----------------sqldeveloper64.exe
                                                                                                                              |----------------sqldeveloper64W.exe

now i am a bit confused about that-

which file i have to execute, is there any specific file for the particular machine type (x64 & x86) ??

and where to put this package ??

(is there any specific path where it should be placed)

If it is possible please simplify the steps.

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj