4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 11:12 AM by archimede

[4.1EA1]CVS Support

archimede

Hi.

I'm testing the latest SQLDev on my Mac (OS X 10.9.5) but I'm unable to add CVS Support.

When I do Check for updates, it seems to download something (apparently with no errors) but upon restart I see no traces of CVS. In fact, if I repeat the process, CVS is still under the available updates.

While I'm at it, is there any way to migrate CVS settings from previous SQLDev version? I find it a bit annoying having to (re)configure it every time I upgrade: am I missing something?

TIA.

Alessandro

• 1. Re: [4.1EA1]CVS Support
          archimede

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or is it just me?

• 2. Re: [4.1EA1]CVS Support
            Jim Smith

I have seen this in the past on windows.  It seems to be down to the rather flaky OTN download service.

The update downloads an empty jar file, which obviously fails to load on restart.

You can see the error if you start sqldeveloper from a console window.

The only way I found to get round it was to find an existing jar file (it hasn't changed in ages), and use it to replace the expected jar file in the download directory.

The jar file gets a sequence number appended each time.

Let me know if you need more detail.

• 3. Re: Re: [4.1EA1]CVS Support
              archimede

Hi Jim and thanks for your reply.

I did a bit of investigation, and this is what I found so far:

- in /Applications/SQLDeveloper.app/Contents/Resources/sqldeveloper/configuration/updates/ I have two files: oracle.jdeveloper.cvs.installinfo and oracle.ojcvs.installinfo.

- those files contain some file_created entries pointing to:

• /Applications/SQLDeveloper.app/Contents/Resources/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/extensions/oracle.ojcvs.jar
              • /Applications/SQLDeveloper.app/Contents/Resources/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/extensions/oracle.jdeveloper.cvs.jar
              • /Applications/SQLDeveloper.app/Contents/Resources/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/extensions/oracle.jdeveloper.cvs/jsch.jar

- I checked my previous SQLDev app folder (where CVS works): both location and size of the files referenced seem to match:

Anything else I should check?

Alessandro

• 4. Re: [4.1EA1]CVS Support
                archimede

Apparently still not working in 4.1EA2.

Alessandro