13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 3:10 PM by 477839

Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?

Hello,

carelessly, I forgot my admin. password and uer name for HTMLDB, is there a way to reset a password for admin.?

I'm following the link to reset the password:
      http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/htmldb/install_faq.html#admin_password

when I type: alter user FLOWS_010500 account unlock; in sqlplus

I got an error :

ERROR at line 1:
      ORA-01918: user 'FLOWS_010500' does not exist

kind of urgent! Any idea?

Much appreciate your attention,

Emily123
        • 1. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
          schweich
          Emily,

your FLOWS_nnnnnn account is named dependant on the Apex version you have installed, e.g. in my XE instance with Apex 2.1 it is called FLOWS_020100. I assume you have version 1.6 or 2.0. You may get the name by doing a SELECT USERNAME FROM ALL_USERS;

Holger
          • 2. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
            Hello Holger,

Thanks for your hint. I found there is a FLOWS_020000 account. And I'm follow the link to reset admin's password.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/htmldb/install_faq.html#admin_password

The content of the link is :
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            alter user FLOWS_010500 account unlock;

...and then connect to the FLOWS_010500 user and run this procedure:

begin
            wwv_flow_api.set_security_group_id(p_security_group_id=>10);

wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_fnd_user(
            p_user_name => 'admin2',
            p_email_address => 'myemail@mydomain.com',
            p_web_password => 'admin2') ;

end;
            /

...which creates a new admin user with username "admin2" and password "admin2". Finally, execute a...

alter user FLOWS_010500 account lock;

...from a schema like System after this process is completed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            after I unlock the account FLOWS_020000,

the second step is :...and then connect to the FLOWS_010500 user and run this procedure:

how to connect to the user FLOWS_020000?

when I directly run the procedure in sql*plus, I got an error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ERROR at line 1:
            ORA-20001: Unauthorized access (wwv_flow_api.set_credentials not set).
            ORA-06512: at "FLOWS_020000.WWV_FLOW_FND_USER_API", line 19
            ORA-06512: at "FLOWS_020000.WWV_FLOW_FND_USER_API", line 429
            ORA-06512: at line 4
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much appreciate your reply,

Emily123
            • 3. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
              schweich
              Emily,

<< when I directly run the procedure in sql*plus, I got an error: >>

I assume you tried to run the procedure connected as SYS or SYSTEM, right?

<< how to connect to the user FLOWS_020000? >>

I would interpret this as signing on in SQL*Plus as FLOWS_020000... probably you first need to reset the password for FLOWS_020000 as well while still connected as SYSTEM by issuing

ALTER USER FLOWS_020000 IDENTIFIED BY your_password;

You should be able to logon to SQLPLUS as FLOWS_020000 using the new password then and execute the procedure, then signon as SYSTEM again and lock user FLOWS_020000 again.

Holger

Message was edited by:
              schweich
              • 4. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                Hi Holger,

"I assume you tried to run the procedure connected as SYS or SYSTEM, right?"

Yeah, I logged in as SYS to unlock FLOWS_020000.

"ALTER USER FLOWS_020000 IDENTIFIED BY your_password;"

while I logged in as SYS, the "your_password" here you mean the passowrd for SYS, is this right?

do I need reset the password for FLOWS_020000, how ?

Thanks so much for your reply,

Emily123
                • 5. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                  Sergio-Oracle
                  Emily,

your_password is the new password you want to set for FLOWS_020000

Sergio
                  • 6. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                    schweich
                    Emily,

no - your_password is the password you assign to user FLOWS_020000, so you may choose whatever you like and then use that password to signon as FLOWS_020000.

The ALTER USER... IDENTIFIED BY... actually resets the password for FLOWS_020000.

Holger
                    • 7. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                      Hello Holger and Sergio,

Appreciate very much for your instruction. I can log into the HTMLDB now.

Regards,

Emily123
                      • 8. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                        schweich
                        Good to hear you were able to fix your login... I can imagine how it feels to lose the admin password (every once in a while, the orcladmin password on our OID expires - first time this happened I was lost too ;-)).

Holger
                        • 9. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                          Hi there, I'm having a similar problem whereby I forgot my admin password and followed the instructions above to create the admin2 user without problems, but I can't login with it. The main difference I can see is that I have a 10g Express Edition installation with ApEx 2.1.. there doesn't even seem to be an Admin Login page with this version of ApEx? I've tried all different combinations of http://localhost:8080/apex/apex_admin htmldb/apex_admin htmldb/htmldb_admin etc. etc. but no luck. Going into the standard http://localhost:8080/apex page it doesn't accept the admin2 user or password.

Does anybody know if there is a different page for Admin Login in Oracle Express Edition?
                          • 10. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                            Update:

Well I think I found the Admin Page.. instead of:
                            http://localhost:8080/apex/f?p=4550:11 I tried
                            http://localhost:8080/apex/f?p=4550:10
                            which took me to what looks like the Admin Login Page... yay! buuut....
                            So I entered admin2 and the password and it takes me to... a blank page. Yep, completely blank. Just the little "Done" message at the bottom of Explorer staring back at me. If I try with a bad username/password it dumps me back to the Login Page, so I'm guessing that it is reading the username and pass ok...

Anyway, any help regarding this would be really appreciated!!!
                            • 11. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                              Tosh - There is no admin interface in XE. Just login using a database username and password. You'll be able to do whatever you need to after that.

Scott
                              • 12. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                                Scott, thanks for your reply.. I'll stop poking around in pages I shouldn't be!

What I'm trying to do is fairly simple. I have an application and inside that application I want to be able to create users (I'm using the standard ApEx authentication scheme, so I'm making a call to htmldb_util.create_user).

When I try creating the user via my application I get this message:
                                ORA-20001: El usuario necesita el privilegio ADMIN para realizar esta operación

Ok, fair enough, the user I'm logging into the application with doesn't have the ADMIN privilege. So I need to grant that user (who will be the application administrator) ADMIN privileges. But I had forgotten my admin user password, so I created the admin2 user via this process:

alter user FLOWS_020100 account unlock;

...and then connect to the FLOWS_020100 user and run this procedure:

begin
                                wwv_flow_api.set_security_group_id(p_security_group_id=>10);

wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_fnd_user(
                                p_user_name => 'admin2',
                                p_email_address => 'myemail@mydomain.com',
                                p_web_password => 'admin2') ;

end;
                                /

...which creates a new admin user with username "admin2" and password "admin2". Finally, execute a...

alter user FLOWS_020100 account lock;

That finished successfully, but if I try logging in now with admin2, I get invalid login credentials.

Going back to your reply, if I log in as system, I don't have access to ApEx users, and if I log in as any other db user, I can view and create ApEx users, but I don't see any option for granting them the ADMIN privilege? Any created users don't have ADMIN privileges either.. so I'm really stuck!
                                • 13. Re: Forgot HTMLDB admin password, how to reset?
                                  Ok, finally getting my head around Express Edition. So from what I've read, the ADMIN user for a given application is the owner of the schema.

Logging in as the owner of the schema it lets me create users. Now I've created another user with p_developer_privs => 'ADMIN:' and that user can also create users. Finally!

Thanks Scott so much for your help.. I'm guessing I should have posted this in the XE forum, apologies for the mistake!