2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 4:59 PM by 6String

ORA-27086 ORA-31641 ORA-39000 ORA-39001 on SQL Developer Expdp

6String

Hello, fellow dbaers, trying to export using sql developer 4.0.3.16 from an 11.2.0.3.12 database running on RHEL 5 as user SYSTEM and receiving the screen shot shown below.  The log file and dmp file are being created so I know it is not a write permission problem.  Anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: ORA-27086 ORA-31641 ORA-39000 ORA-39001 on SQL Developer Expdp

Hello, fellow dbaers, trying to export using sql developer 4.0.3.16 from an 11.2.0.3.12 database running on RHEL 5 as user SYSTEM and receiving the screen shot shown below.  The log file and dmp file are being created so I know it is not a write permission problem.  Anyone experienced this?

The message does NOT say it is a 'write permission problem'. It says the file is already being used so it can't lock it.

Are you sure the file is NOT being used by another process?

Close sql developer. Does the file exist? If so can you delete it? If so delete the file and try again.

And just saying 'trying to export using sql developer' isn't enough - provide the details of EXACTLY what you doing to 'try to export' - step by step.

• 2. Re: ORA-27086 ORA-31641 ORA-39000 ORA-39001 on SQL Developer Expdp
            6String

My process was creating a unique filename with a timestamp as part of the name so no other process could have been using it.  And I am aware that the message does not say it is a write permissions problem, I was merely checking the obvious stuff first before asking anyone else for thoughts. 

As for providing more details, I don't really know how much more would be appropriate because I assumed experienced users would know that there was a wizard provided by SQL Developer with dialog boxes.. I suppose I could have been running it from a worksheet?  Not sure.  I will do my best to provide thorough details in the future.  And to your point, I notice I neglected to say I was trying to write to an NFS mount point.

To that end, the problem is solved.  NFSLock was not running on this box.  My Linux SA started it and my export ran successfully.

Sorry for any ambiguity.