2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 6:14 PM by 553152

Issue in executing maven install for Sync plug-in

I am following the steps mentioned in the following link. I am facing issues in the initial step itself and not sure about the reason.

http://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1213/core/MAVEN/config_maven.htm#MAVEN314

Initially, i tried with latest maven release and shifted to the one that gets shipped with FMW 12c as i am seeing issue in installing the plug-in. With this version as well, i am seeing the same issue.

- Using Windows 7 and maven version is 3.0.5 and JDK version is 1.7.0_60

- Did the archiva setup too as mentioned in the documentation.

- FMW 12c also installed the latest Patch

- Nothing is mentioned in my settings.xml in .M2 directory

Following is the error that i am getting, though the file is existing in the location. Please do let me know the possible reason.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1:install-file (def

ault-cli) on project standalone-pom: File not found C:\Oracle\Middleware\FMW1213New\oracle_common\pl

ugins\maven\com\oracle\maven\oracle-maven-sync\12.1.3\oracle-maven-sync.12.1.3.pom: C:\Oracle\Middle

ware\FMW1213New\oracle_common\plugins\maven\com\oracle\maven\oracle-maven-sync\12.1.3\oracle-maven-s

ync.12.1.3.pom (The system cannot find the file specified) -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

• 1. Re: Issue in executing maven install for Sync plug-in
          Mark Nelson-Oracle

I am assuming you are trying to install the Oracle Maven Synchronization plugin and populate your local Maven repository from your locally installed Oracle Home.

FYI - If you want to use the Oracle Maven Repository, you do not need to install an Oracle Home first, or install the Sync plugin.

From your question it looks like you installed a FMW 12c product in c:\oracle\middleware\fmw1213new.  Is this correct?

Did you install one of the products with Maven support - i.e. WebLogic Server, Coherence, JDeveloper, SOA, BPM or OSB?

If this is true, then you should be able to look in that directory and find oracle_common/plugins/maven/com/oracle/maven/oracle-maven-sync/12.1.3 - if that directory is not there, then something has gone wrong with your installation, or you did not install one of the products with Maven support.  If it is there, check you got the file names correct when you typed in the maven command.  Looks like you might have used a period in place of a hyphen.

If you did install one of these products, in that directory, and the directory is there, please send output from your maven install with the -X option, e.g.:

cd \oracle\middleware\fmw1213new\oracle_common\plugins\maven\com\oracle\maven\oracle-maven-sync\12.1.3

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=oracle-maven-sync-12.1.3.jar -DpomFile=oracle-maven-sync-12.1.3.pom -X

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Issue in executing maven install for Sync plug-in

Thanks Mark. You are right. It's completely a copy paste mistake from documentation. Could not realize this. Will proceed further.