0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2015 3:14 PM by user49914949919675123

Is this the standard way SQL Developer reports the failure of a automated unit test?

user49914949919675123

I am creating a unit test using SQL developer to test a Procedure. 

I use a "boolean function" for the process validation. This is my function:

DECLARE    

l_count NUMBER;    

BEGIN    

BEGIN        

SELECT COUNT(*) INTO l_count FROM Int_Case_Id_For_Unit_Test WHERE test_successful = 'TRUE';    

EXCEPTION    

WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN    

l_count := 0;    

END;    

IF l_count = 1    THEN    

RETURN TRUE;    

ELSE    

RETURN FALSE;    

END IF;    

END;  

The logic is, when my procedure is executed, it will updated the test_successful column of Int_Case_Id_For_Unit_Test table with TRUE or FALSE.

Now, when I run this test, I get with correct data which should return success, I get correctly 4 green right-signs and status = SUCCESS for all steps.

Now, when I give values to my procedure which should make it fail.  For the test run, I get this:

Test Run  "Validation #1: Private(Boolean function) STATUS ERROR  Operation Call SUCCESS Message Validation Boolean function failed: Boolean function check returned false.

I just want to know is this the way a test run reports a failure??? Is this the standard way SQL Developer reports the failure of a test???