3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2006 8:17 PM by 416900

    Error connecting to the OAI Repository

    487858
      I've started getting the following error when starting a DBAdapter:

      Error connecting to the OAI Repository. Please make sure that the hub database and the OAI Repository are started properly. Once everything is started properly, the connection will be automatically re-established. However, if you have provided incorrect parameters concerning your hub database or the OAI Repository during installation of this Adapter, please stop the Adapter, fix the information and restart.
      oracle.aob.repository.aobRepositoryCartridge.RepositoryException
      at oracle.aob.repository.LCODSOMgr.getObj(LCODSOMgr.java:313)
      at oracle.aob.repository.DSOMgrImpl.getDSO(DSOMgrImpl.java:129)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
      ....................

      This started after I updated the message the event was subscribed to. I have tried: restarting the repository, deleting messages from the hub, removing the persistence directory from the adapter folder, restarted all of the adapters, and resync'd adapters, even deleting the event subscrition. But still getting the error.

      The reposlog.txt is not giving anything helpful either.

      Any ideas what I should try now???

      Thanks
      Robin
        • 1. Re: Error connecting to the OAI Repository
          416900
          Robin,

          Has your Repository started correctly?

          You should see in the reposlog.txt file
          *** Initialization is complete and repository is ready ***

          If not, try the following.

          1. Start your Hub Database.
          2. Start you Listener.
          3. On the Unix Command Line>
          oidctl connect=[YOUR_SID] server=oidldapd instance=1 stop
          4. Sql*Plus>
          sqlplus system/manager
          5. Execute the following

          SQL>select * from ods.ods_process;

          There shouldn't be any if the OID is stopped. If there are execute....

          SQL> delete from ods.ods_process;
          SQL> commit;

          6. On the Unix Command Line>
          oidctl connect=[YOUR_SID] server=oidldapd instance=1 start

          If you are still have a problem, check the hub.ini file ($ORACLE_HOME\oai\9.0.2\hub).

          You may have a bad parameter, like the password.
          E.g.
          Instead of
          encrypted_hub_password=12345678

          use

          hub_password=[YOUR_HUB_PASSWORD_IN_ENGLISH!!!]
          #encrypted_hub_password=12345678 -- commented out encrypted password.

          HTH,

          Yan
          • 2. Re: Error connecting to the OAI Repository
            487858
            Hi Yan,
            Thanks for the tips, but it didn't help. The repository is running ok, with a message in the log file, and the hub connection is ok.
            Stranglely, I've got another db adapter on the same box which appears to run ok, which shares all the same repository settings.
            I also tried doing a copy adapter to create a new adapter, but that has the same problem. I did notice it only errored when messages where placed on the queue. I suspect its something to do with the meta data being out of sync - but not really sure what to do next.

            I was wondering what the LCODSOMgr refered to in the message was. Can't find any references any where.

            cheers,
            Robin
            • 3. Re: Error connecting to the OAI Repository
              416900
              Robin,

              If you have 2 adapters working, and one that clearly isn't, then it does sound to me that the metadata is corrupted some how.

              From bitter experience, you can have different versions of (e.g. OAI/V1 and OAI/V2) which the adapters do not like. i.e. mixing up versions of metadata. Also, if like me you develop, test, change, develop, test, change on the same repository, take regular back-ups.

              Often deleting objects and events can leave orphaned data types all over the place in the repository. Regardless of what Oracle says, iStudio is sometimes a little flakey.

              If I was you, I would
              1.Stop all the adapters and respository
              2. Take a backup of your repository using "oaiexport", then
              3. Drop the "OAIHUB" user (using hubschema -drop) and
              4. Create a new hubschema.

              5. Try just creating a simple one-to-one publish and subscribe.

              *** Remember that you may need to clear down (i.e. delete) your adapters persistence directories to get rid of any metadata, unless you've configured you adapter not to cache it.

              6. Start the adapters.

              If this works, then you may need to either recode the repository from scratch, or look to use the migrate facility.

              Good luck and let us know if you get any success.
              Yan