1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 9:00 PM by Gbenga Ajakaye

Which Superhero are you?

dliloia

Ok, so I can't wait until friday_fun this week and I feel compelled to post something interesting. Not that the chats about API's, PostgreSQL, dangling participles and all aren't interesting in their own way, but that's not my thing. Inspired by Kristin Connell (whose name only seems to come up for me if I type Kconnel and not Kristen_Connell - heatherfoeh why, why!!) and her post about Superhero or Sidekick?  I want to know the following...

Considering the marketing POWER that is here on Topliners...what Superhero/Superheroine are you (not do you like, or do you most "relate to" but who ARE you)? You must also paste a picture here of the hero simply because it amuses me and I need to be entertained...

I've always considered myself to be Mimic, a much lesser known member of the X-Men. After an accidental mixup of chemicals from his father Ronald's experiments, he gained the ability to temporarily copy the skills, physical traits, knowledge, and superpowers of any person within close range (approximately ten feet), which led people to fear him. That's right...fear me...

• 1. Re: Which Superhero are you?
          Scott Winterton-Oracle

Since I'm an Eloqua Sales Engineer I guess that makes me Beast (also from X-Men).  Beast is the nerd who turns awesome.

• 2. Re: Which Superhero are you?
            Leigh.Burke-Oracle

Scott Winterton-Oracle - interesting I would have pegged you as Eloqua-man   Although I think the best Eloqua-men have to be Phil Chow-Oracle or francisco.dominguez because not only do they have Eloqua superpowers they also looks like Eloqua-man. 

As for me, you'll have to give me until fun-Friday, since I'll need time to research super-heros, because I can think about the ones I like, but I've never thought about which one I'm like, but I love the concept & can't wait to hear some of my favorite Friday Fun gang respond (dliloia, mhalliday, Eytan Abrahams & krista.seidemann, Nadine N), not too mention fellow eloquans like jill.rowley, Jocelyn Brown-Oracle, Egan Cheung-Oracle & Laura Vogel-SiriusDecisions)

• 3. Re: Which Superhero are you?
              jennifer.gonzalez

I am going to have to go with She-Hulk – the meek cousin of Bruce Banner (Hulk) who gets her powers after receiving some of his blood in a transfusion.  Why I chose She-Hulk: 

First, her human name is Jennifer (coincidence?).

She is able to physically transform and become a stronger, better version of herself.  She has super human strength, speed, durability and agility.   She-Hulk can also exchange her physical characteristics and powers with the physical characteristics and powers of another being by simply focusing on a mental image of the person and willing the transfer to take place. From a marketing skills standpoint, this translates to being highly adaptable and being able to deliver results regardless of the challenge.

I also like that this superhero has a dual personality – I am a Gemini and anyone who knows me will tell you that I can be very mild mannered but if you get on my bad side … watch out! Did I mention that initially She-Hulk’s transformation was fueled by anger?

200px-She-Hulk_Vol_2_29_Textless.jpg

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                peterdao

http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/2012AmazingSpiderman04PR030612.jpg

This is such a great post, and ice-breaker, for new members. As for me, I would say: I'm Spider-Man. Peter, an ordinary guy during the day; but when the sun goes down, a crime-fighter in a "web"-suit at night. That's how I feel when I come into work. Fighting the web optimization, and email spam-law crimes: hai yahh! Using my web-slingin' skills to get those messages delivered in the inbox, and making it to the front covers and headlines of your local social media networks. And at the end of the work day, put on my jacket and walk out of here like an ordinary guy again.

• 5. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                  dliloia

Wow! Great responses so far! jennifer.gonzalez I am floored by your response and at the same time think it's a perfect fit. So cool. Did you also know that She-Hulk doesn't "transform" into She-Hulk but that she is always big, green and sexy? Also, during the day when she isn't fighting villains she is a practicing defense attorney? Who else has a fun one to add?

• 6. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                    jennifer.gonzalez

I know it is Wednesday but I was hoping to see more responses on this thread! Moving it back to the top in case anyone gets inspired to add a reply on their lunch break.

• 7. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                      Nadine N

I relate more to Wonder Woman the warrior Princess of the Amazon. I am gifted with a wide range of superhuman powers and superior combat and battle skill. I am a mother of 4 and marketer extraordinaire. One of my previous boss use to say that he beleived I could make data sing and dance.

• 8. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                        Leigh Burger

What fun! I'm super unfamiliar with superheros, though ... gonna have to research this one.

• 9. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                          Amma Hawks

OMG! I'm so glad you asked this!  I've been this super hero since my college days at Cal.  Shaka Woman!  You've heard of Shaka Zulu, well Shaka Woman has her afro quaffed, her 1970 afro pik and a scathing wit as her tools in her arsenal!  She is bada**, not to be triffled with and down with Peace, Love & SOOOUUUUUUULLLLLLL. (and in my head looks a lot like Pam Grier)

pam grier..jpg  afro pick with fist.jpg

• 10. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                            krista.seidemann

Of course, I'm superwoman! More specifically, Kristin Wells, who time travels to the 20th century, where the technology she had brought from the future gives her super powers.

I've brought back the technology of the future (Eloqua) which gives me super powers over my sales and marketing team. Not to mention the fact that I'm just plain super!

superwoman.jpg

• 11. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                              Nadine N

I love the Shaka woman.

Good one Amma

• 12. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                                Allan King

I would go with The Question. The Question is investigative television reporter Vic Sage who seeks to get to the bottom of a story, either on air or as a faceless vigilante. Originally applying Ayn Rand’s Objectivist philosophy to both his day and night jobs, he was reinvented as a Zen crime fighter in the 1980s (his Objectivist tendencies were deconstructed with the character of Rorschach in Watchmen), an urban street shaman in the 1990s, and an eccentric conspiracy theorist in the 2000s television show “Justice League Unlimited.” Vic was killed off in the comics and handed off his Question identity, but he was recently rebooted once again when DC Comics reset all continuity as one of the “Trinity of Evil” (along with Judas and Pandora), forced by a group of ancient wizards to spend all eternity wondering the Earth, seeking answers he will never find as punishment for his sins.

In all of his incarnations, he is always obsessively seeking answers to questions, striving to connect all the dots, and put all of the pieces of the puzzle together. Likewise, I always have to find answers to questions. A client is not getting an email? I have to find out why. Something did not execute properly?  I have to figure what went wrong. A new project requires changes to lead routing? I have to figure out how to do it. I am always looking for answers, solving the puzzle, and connecting all the dots. Likewise, his constant reinvention makes a great comparison as to how frequent the reinvention of marketing automation is and how we often have to update, rewrite, and reconstruct our marketing campaigns and programs as the needs require them.  Also, we both look cool in suits.

question1.jpg

• 13. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                                  Amma Hawks

Suit coolness....Stellar!!!

• 14. Re: Which Superhero are you?
                                    juliewingerter

Hey, all, for reasons that are somewhat clear to us, we have a number of clients that have created super power / super hero quizzes for occasions just like this:  #ImustFigureOutMyAlterEgoASAP

For those of you that are stuck-- here's some help:  Which TECH Super Hero are You? 

OR, if you are just wondering what your special skills are,  What's your Superpower?  might help.

1 2 3 Previous Next