1 2 3 Previous Next 411 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 12:53 PM by ch*2856095*ms

If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?

shanelab

What is one feature/function that you would add to Eloqua? How would it help you reach your goals?

• 2. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
          Allan King

Here's more than one...

Upload to create signature rules. Manually mapping them is a huge hassle when there are hundreds of them! [This was finally added a while ago]

Ability of checking of signature rules on Emails before they send (done in E9, not E10).

Use a segment instead of a Share Filter in Program Builder.

Time Zone step in Eloqua Campaign Canvas.

• 3. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
            jennifer.gonzalez

Even though A/B testing is part art / part science, I would love to be able to "set it and forget it" and have the system automatically insert the winning email into the next step of the campaign/program. Placeholders always make me nervous because sometimes life gets in the way and placeholders are not replaced on time.

For Eloqua 10, I would LOVE IT if the system did not close things out every time I hit save. For example, contact recrods, dynamic content editor, etc. I am a "serial saver" and do not like having to re-open things over and over again.

• 4. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
              ssma

I would love it if Eloqua had more primary objects (read: more contact tables) to allow for differentiation between records.

IE) If integrating Eloqua with multiple BU's, we can allow for true segmentation between records which may exist across different BU's.  (IE: Each BU get's a 250 contact field limit, and each BU houses their own unique data on their own distinct tables).  This is especially helpful if an enterprise customer is integrating with multiple CRM's (due to different sales teams and businesses).  It would negate the need for multiple instances of Eloqua (lower cost), and yet still maintain a centralized marketing platform for high level management across all data streams.

A simple example would be for an organization who markets to both B2B and B2C customers.  Having 2 distinct contact tables would vastly advance the segmentation, automation and integration opportunities in such a setup.  I understand that there are custom data objects, but they do not fit this requirement fully.  Perhaps to better summarize this feature request, it would be for "true custom objects".  A custom object in which little to no limitations are imposed upon it, with regards to how it can be leveraged and the processes which it can be put through.  It would be wonderful if custom objects operated in similar manners to contacts.

1 person found this helpful
              • 5. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                jennifer.gonzalez

Shaun,

I am using cusom objects to achieve what you are describing. I have my E10 hooked up to two SFDC instances and we created a custom object for each SFDC instance. This way, instance-specific fields could live on the custom object and the contact table is reserved for basic contact data only. This has greatly helped us with the field limits on the contact table and so far we have not had any major challenges with the set up.

Jennifer

• 6. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                  ssma

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for your note.  Agreed-- using custom data objects in the manner you describe suits the scenario.  However, when running into more advanced data management, we run into limitations.  IE) Running update rules on the data--if information lives in both datacards and contacts, there are large limitations imposed on what we can do.  But more importantly, having numerous contact tables allows for truly flexible and leverage by different BU's without affecting reporting....or if we wanted to put datacard data through some cloud services (there are limtations here)...Or if we wanted true independent activity tracking of records belonging to each BU, so that responses can be attributed to the appropriate business...or if we want to report on database leveraging based on email activity across business units..a lot of things

Not saying that custom data objects is not a viable solution--it absolutely is in many cases.  However, there are limitations.  As a marketing database, there will be a point (in some circumstances) where additional true databasing functionality is required.  In this case, more than 1 primary object would be lovely!

• 7. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                    bdyer

The item I would love to see, is the ability to view contact details from segments, filters, and lists.  Too often I find myself opening a second Eloqua instance just to go into the base contact view to pull up the contact that I am looking at in a filter to get all the details and profiler information.

That would be uber convenient. 

• 8. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                      Eytan Abrahams

There are so many...but my #1 would be the ability to search by email address in the integration error reports. It would make trouble-shooting so much easier.

• 9. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                        shanelab

Ok, genie wish granted, what if you could add multiple. Go for it.

• 10. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                          Michael Kopp
                          1. SPACES - Separate, configurable "SPACES" for different geo regions / product groupings that could be globally managed. You could assign the space templates, segments, etc. This would give the regional teams flexibility to deliver marketing objectives based on global standards and guidance. This is HUGE. The current permission model is too clunky and opaque.
                          2. TEMPLATES - Real email/landing pages templates that are easy to design/setup and deploy to the SPACES, (see 1). We've crashed several times trying to get templates to work over the years.
                          3. INTEGRATED REPORTING: Reporting that can used in guiding automation, like we had in E9. Basically, more integrated reporting!
                          4. FUNNELS - Everything we do as marketers (at least everything I do) is based on funnel progression, there should be an centralized interface/setup that would be the heart of triggering automation, etc that is based on funnels. Think of the lead scoring interface, but now replace it with one or many funnels with stages.
                          5. CANVAS & PROGRAMS - They should be one interface, with the "campaign canvas" bits just one aspect of a broader program
                          6. FILE MANAGEMENT - Needs to be the same as an operating system. 'Nuff said. This includes ability to SAVE AS... at the asset level.
                          7. LISTS - Ability to easily move contacts from list to list. No more having to export a spreadsheet link to an email. This is killing my day.

I could go on for days.

• 12. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                            Eytan Abrahams

It's like a meeting with too many agenda items. Wouldn't want to get me started

Talking about meetings, just finishing an AMAZING book about meetings. Highly recommended reading! http://www.amazon.com/Death-Meeting-Leadership-Fable-About-Business/dp/0470580437

• 13. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                              allan.amadio

Not my top one - but the one that's top-of-mind...

Ability to save a landing page as an email and vice versa - and allow for editing of course. I was just working on an email that needs a landing page and would of been nice to do a "Save as landing page" to have the images/branding on the landing page...

• 14. Re: If you could add one feature to Eloqua what would it be?
                                pteshima

I love all of these ideas - thank you.  I can already tell you that Jennifer Gonzalez's request is already in the hopper for Fall '13 Release, and we will review all others.

Thanks Again

Paul

1 2 3 Previous Next