3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 8:43 AM by 2883679

Check if databases are up or not

Hi Experts,

I have a question here, is it possible to check if all the databases are up by logging into one single database. If yes, Can you please let me know how do we check it.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Check if databases are up or not
          I have a question here, is it possible to check if all the databases are up by logging into one single database. If yes, Can you please let me know how do we check it.

What does that question have to do with sql developer?

This forum is ONLY for sql developer questions. Unless your question is related to sql developer please mark it ANSWERED and repost it in the Database General forum

General Database Discussions

If you decide to repost provide SPECIFIC information about what you are trying to do. Also explain what you mean by a database being 'up'. Just because some user can connect to the database does NOT mean it it available for use. The DB could be in restricted mode or having maintenance performed.

But no - one database does NOT typically have ANY knowledge of other databases..

• 2. Re: Check if databases are up or not
            Srinivasan S

There is no strait forward solution is for this But we can user DB_LINK as a short cut.

Create multiple DB_LINKs in the monitoring database that is pointing to a motioned database. And you can try selecting an object from the Monitored DB.

For Ex you want to login to database "DB_MONITOR" to monitor different databases like "DB_1", "DB_2" etc.

You need to create DB_LINK in "DB_MONITOR" that's pointing to "DB_1", "DB_2". Then you login to "DB_MONITOR" db & run a query like

select * from all_objects@DB_1;

select * from all_objects@DB_2;

• 3. Re: Check if databases are up or not

Thanks Srinivasan for helping out with this sugesstion.