4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 4:09 AM by joelkallman-Oracle

When might version 5.1 become available?

Grizzled

Any plans, rumors, guesses? Eagerly waiting for the ability to have multiple multi-row "blocks" on a page and master-detail-detail...

• 1. Re: When might version 5.1 become available?
          Scott Wesley

Waaay to early to even begin speculate, with EA3 still running.

Keep an eye on the statement of direction

Oracle Application Express Statement of Direction

Though I'd hate to be a user of that application...

• 2. Re: When might version 5.1 become available?
            fac586

1059570 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a recognisable username instead of "1059570": Video tutorial how to change nickname available

Eagerly waiting for the ability to have multiple multi-row "blocks" on a page and master-detail-detail...

Why are you waiting? All of those features can be developed now using reports, custom PL/SQL processes and jQuery plug-ins.

Having been involved in applications where they were, I would concur with Scott. Just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should...

• 3. Re: When might version 5.1 become available?
              Grizzled

fac586 wrote:

All of those features can be developed now using reports, custom PL/SQL processes and jQuery plug-ins.

Having been involved in applications where they were, I would concur with Scott. Just because you can, it doesn't mean that you should...

That's exactly why I'm waiting for something less of a bug magnet, and trust me, users of a current master-detail-detail Forms application would love to use a web form with the same functionality if it works at all, rather than jump through 10 different web pages to do what they are used to doing with a few clicks on one form.

• 4. Re: When might version 5.1 become available?
                joelkallman-Oracle

"1059570",

We hear you loud and clear, and I completely agree with you.  It was a shame the multiple grids dropped off the 5.0 train.  However, the entire purpose of the APEX 5.1 release will be to include those high priority features (like multiple editable grids per page) in a short release cycle, certainly much shorter than the 5.0 multi-year project.  The scope of APEX 5.1 will be much smaller and must elegantly solve the use case you so perfectly stated.  It's what a Forms customer expects, nothing less.

Joel

1 person found this helpful