3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 8:53 AM by Gianni Ceresa

Essbase hierarchy problem in the physical layer of rpd (OBIEE 11g).

Chandra kanth

Hi,

I have a scenario with the following

EssBase Ac.png

In the above screen shot we are not able to get the data Gen1, Accounts and Gen2, Accounts levels (by taking some measure). We are getting from 3rd level.Gen1, Accounts level having memeber "Accounts" and Gen2, Accounts having member "ALL_ACCOUNTS". When i combine this with  measure it not displaying any value (Possibly Summary data). Please let me know possible error/correction needs to be done asap.

Regards,

Chandra kanth.

• 1. Re: Essbase hierarchy problem in the physical layer of rpd (OBIEE 11g).
          Gianni Ceresa

What does the MDX looks like? Does it work when run directly on Essbase? Is it correct?

If you imported the cube with the wizard there is no reason for it not to work (as long as you don't put your hands inside changing things around)

PS: not nice to ask things "asap" in a community forum .... If you want an answer "asap" hire a consultant...

• 2. Re: Essbase hierarchy problem in the physical layer of rpd (OBIEE 11g).
            Chandra kanth

Hi,

Sorry for putting asap in my request. I will make sure not to put such words in my next queries.

We did not change anything in Physical layer (just imported). Dragged into BMM layer and presentation layer.

When queried in Presentation services it is not giving the result for first two levels (but it does have members). Please let me know approach how to investigate. I am new to essbase and never

worked such kind of env earlier.

Regards,

Chandra kanth.

• 3. Re: Essbase hierarchy problem in the physical layer of rpd (OBIEE 11g).
              Gianni Ceresa

Ok, if you are new to essbase are you sure you are supposed to have measures values at gen 1 and 2 of your account dimension?

It's a common behavior to not always aggregate things up to the top of the dimension if it doesn't make sense from a functional point of view.

It doesn't shock me to not have values for "Accounts" and "ALL_ACCOUNTS" members as in general you can't always aggregate accounts all together.

You can also get the physical query OBIEE produce (the MDX) in the same way as you get any physical query in OBIEE and run it against Essbase directly (or ask support to the Essbase guys for that) and validate it doesn't return anything and there is an issue in the query itself.