2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 11:33 AM by Tom Rowe

Patch Bundle 20124371 Section 5.3: Configuration for fix of 16222516 ?

Tom Rowe

Hi,

Apologies for yet another newbie question But I think the Patch Bundle 210124371 installation has completely frazzled my brain

I have now arrived at...

Section 5.3: Configuration for fix of 16222516

If you experience the problem as described in the bug fix of 16222516, please follow and execute the following steps to configure the setting of parameterOBIEE_COMPILER_LOCK_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL.

1.Open MIDDLEWARE_HOME/instances/instance1/config/OPMN/opmn/opmn.xml

2.Add OBIEE_COMPILER_LOCK_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL variable for BI Server as

following.

•<ias-component id="coreapplication_obis1" inherit-environment="true">

<environment>

<variable id="OBIEE_COMPILER_LOCK_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL" value="2"/>

</environment>

In the absence of any such information in the woefully inadequate installation instructions for first timers for this patch bundle, I wonder if anyone could kindly advise me where

<ias-component id="coreapplication_obis1" inherit-environment="true">

<environment>

</environment>

Should be placed in the opmn.xml file, I guess somewhere between the <process-manager> and </process-manager> tags ? For simplicity would it be OK to place it just before the </process-manager> closing tab ? Also on the subject of closing tags it seems that the </ias-component> has been missed in the addition ?

Regards,

Tom Rowe.

• 1. Re: Patch Bundle 20124371 Section 5.3: Configuration for fix of 16222516 ?
          SunilSharma

the ias-component for bi server already exists in opmn.xml file.. so just search for that and then add the <variable id="OBIEE_COMPILER_LOCK_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL" value="2"/> between the environment tags

something like this eg:

opmn.xml

</environment>

<environment>

<variable id="ORACLE_BI_OPMNMANAGED" value="true"/>

<variable id="ORACLE_BI_APPLICATION" value="coreapplication"/>

<variable id="ODBCINI" value="$ORACLE_INSTANCE/bifoundation/OracleBIApplication/$ORACLE_BI_APPLICATION/setup/odbc.ini"/>

<variable id="PATH" value="$ORACLE_HOME/common/ODBC/Merant/5.3/lib$:$ORACLE_HOME/bifoundation/server/bin$:$ORACLE_HOME/bifoundation/web/bin$:$ORACLE_HOME/clients/epm/Essbase/EssbaseRTC/bin$:$ORACLE_HOME/bifoundation/odbc/lib$:$ORACLE_INSTANCE$:$ORACLE_HOME/lib$:$PATH$:$/bin" append="true"/>

</environment>

• 2. Re: Patch Bundle 20124371 Section 5.3: Configuration for fix of 16222516 ?
            Tom Rowe

Thanks Sunil,

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Actually having slept on this I worked it out for myself and added it as follows...

But it is good that you have confirmed this is where it should be added.

If anybody from Oracle is reading this post you really need to consider revising this instruction to make  it clearer i.e.

Add the OBIEE_COMPILER_LOCK_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL variable between the
            <ias-component id="coreapplication_obis1" inherit-environment="true"> tag's
            <environment> and </environment> tags i.e.

<environment>
            </environment>

Regards,

Tom Rowe