4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 8:03 AM by Gianni Ceresa

Filtering hierarchy column problem

Chandra kanth

Hi,

I am unable to filter hierarchy column. It's displaying all the values. I want to display the vlaues in the filter criteria only. For eg: if am filter based "Sales and wages" it has to display data for that criteria only.

• 1. Re: Filtering hierarchy column problem
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi, your hierarchy is filtered correctly based on your filter (it's not because you see something named "All values" on the screen that the measures next to it refer to all the values of the hierarchy). If you start opening your hierarchy you see that the filter is used and only the values filtered are visible in the hierarchy (but of course the parents values also exist).

If you want to change the values on the screen for the hierarchy have a look at "Selection Steps", it's the one allowing you to start your analysis with a sublevel of the hierarchy.

• 2. Re: Filtering hierarchy column problem
            Chandra kanth

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Here the problem is i am having a dashboard prompt (Accounts column which is Hierarchy column) and report is also having the same column. When i am filtering with "Sales and wages" it's giving the hierachy data instead data of "Sales and wages" data in the report. If go with Selection steps there am giving "Sales and Wages" and report is displaying "Sales and Wages" data. It's kind of hardcoding. I want this has to change based on Dashboard prompt value. If select "ABC" from dashboard prompt. The report has to display "ABC" data only. If select "XYZ" from dashboard prompt. The report has to display "XYZ" data only.How to achieve this. Please guide me.

• 3. Re: Filtering hierarchy column problem
              Gianni Ceresa

Ah, that's something else !

If in your prompt you have the hierarchy to filter your analysis based on the values you selected in the prompt you doesn't use filters but selection steps.

Add your hierarchy to the criteria of the analysis, go in selection steps and edit the first step "1. Start with all members".

There you change it to "Start with all members" (or select what you want to start with) and then you must check the checkbox "Override with prompt".

If you don't check that checkbox your hierarchy prompt will not have any effect on the analysis.

Capture.PNG

• 4. Re: Filtering hierarchy column problem
                Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Your thread is currently still open:

This question is Not Answered.

Could you please flag it as answered to help others looking for the same things to find your solution? Thanks