may I ask you for some more details?
I guess you are using any flavor of Windows OS? Can you please specify?
Then you wrote you installed Oracle RDBMS EE - again: which version? Do you remember/noted which options you checked at installation?
Please share the installation path (ORACLE_HOME) as well.
As you are referring SQLDEVELOPER.BAT - do you try to run sqldeveloper from the RDBMS installation?
I checked my RDBMS 12c installation - it contains SQLDEVELOPER 184.108.40.206.21.
the current version is 4.0 with 4.1 available as Early Adoper.
May I suggest you get at least 4.0 from Oracle SQL Developer Downloads you only need to unzip it into any directory - please provide this directory as well.
I'm quite sure with these informations prepared a reasonable supportive discussion will start.
thank you very much for your detailed answer. As for now i can only specify that I'm using Windows 7 Professional OS.
I will prepare the rest of the informations asap but unfortunately not sooner then in few hours time.
By the way it's great to know that someone is interested
So you ran the sqldeveloper.exe out of the $ORACLE_HOME\sqldeveloper directory?
I'm sorry for being quiet for such a long period of time but kid+work+school=busy time
Anyway, here are some detail answers that could be useful to start a conversation:
1. OS Widows 7 Professional SP1
2. RDBMS EE 11g Release 2 for Windows 64 (Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2 Downloads)
3. Unfortunately i don't remember what options i checked during installation
4. Path to Oracle Home (i hope that this is the path that you mean)
5. As you are referring SQLDEVELOPER.BAT - do you try to run sqldeveloper from the RDBMS installation?
A. When i try to run sqldeveloper using "Start Menu-All programs-Oracle_OraDb11g_home1-Application Development-sqldeveloper" i get message "No shortcut" and i'm asked for path to sqldeveloper.bat
B. When i try to run sqldeveloper using C:\app\kasia\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\sqldevloper\sqldevloper.exe i get the Oracle message "Enter the full path for java.exe"
6. I've installed sqldeveloper-220.127.116.11.84-x64. It works fine but i keep on wondering why sqldeveloper from "start menu..." is not working properly i with your help i would like to solve this problem. The path for version 4 of sqldeveloper is I:\SIAD\OracleDatabase11gRelease2\sqldeveloper-18.104.22.168.84-x64
I hope that details will help.r hel.
Thank you for you