6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2015 10:55 AM by SunilSharma

instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment

user2689724

Hi,

I try to identify which instanceconfig.xml in each node I have to modify for Presentation Server. For example when I need to upgrade a Catalog or change parameters such as
      <ConnectionExpireMinutes>Number of Minutes</ConnectionExpireMinutes> .

For example for primary node I have the following paths.I think that I have to change the one which is under the INSTANCE_HOME

./oracle/admin/instances/obiee/111170/OBIEE/bifoundation_domain/instance1/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/instanceconfig.xml

./oracle/product/fmw/1036/obiee_111170/Oracle_BI1/bifoundation/admin/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/instanceconfig.xml

I would appreciate for any kind response.

Thank you,

Aris

• 1. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
          SunilSharma

its always the instanceconfig.xml file under u01/MW_HOME/instances/instance1/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/

• 2. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
            rmoff

user2689724 wrote:

So the correct is the following: /u02/app/oracle/product/fmw/1036/obiee_111170/Oracle_BI1/bifoundation/admin/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/instanceconfig.xml

Thank you very much!

No, in your two listed examples it'd be

./oracle/admin/instances/obiee/111170/OBIEE/bifoundation_domain/instance1/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/instanceconfig.xml

The point is that it resides under $FMW_HOME/instances/$INSTANCE/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/instanceconfig.xml

So you need to know your $FMW_HOME, and also the INSTANCE if you're got a clustered deployment

• 3. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
              user2689724

I notice that the format is different in two instanceconfig.xml. The one under the ORACLE_INSTANCE I think is the one we are looking for.
              See below the steps for catalog upgrade.

Update the Catalog element in instanceconfig.xml:

1. Open instanceconfig.xml for editing at:
                ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/ coreapplication_obipsn
              2. Locate the Catalog element and update it as follows:
                <Catalog> <UpgradeAndExit>false</UpgradeAndExit> <UpdateAccountGUIDs>UpdateAndExit</UpdateAccountGUIDs> </Catalog> 
              3. Save and close the file.
              • 4. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
                user2689724

Thank you rmoff ,

This is my env:

/home/oracle>echo $MW_HOME

/u02/app/oracle/product/fmw/1036/obiee_111170

/home/oracle>echo $ORACLE_INSTANCE

/u02/app/oracle/admin/instances/obiee/111170/OBIEE/bifoundation_domain/instance1

• 5. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
                  SunilSharma

ya check in that path

echo $ORACLE_INSTANCE

/u02/app/oracle/admin/instances/obiee/111170/OBIEE/bifoundation_domain/instance1

/u02/app/oracle/admin/instances/obiee/111170/OBIEE/bifoundation_domain/instance1/config/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/instanceconfig.xml

• 6. Re: instanceconfig.xml Clustered Environment
                    SunilSharma

keep this handy for your future reference  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/bi.1111/e10541/configsettings.htm#CIHHJHDE

BI ComponentConfiguration FileFile Location

Oracle BI Server

NQSConfig.INI

logconfig.xml

ORACLE_INSTANCE\config\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication_obisn

For example:

\instances\instance1\config\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication_obis1

Note: Although DBFeatures.ini is also located in this directory, do not edit this file directly. SeeOracle Fusion Middleware Metadata Repository Builder's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition for information about how to edit features for a database.

Oracle BI Presentation Services

instanceconfig.xml

ORACLE_INSTANCE\config\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obipsn

For example:

\instances\instance1\config\OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent\coreapplication_obips1

Note: Do not add elements to the instanceconfig.xml file unless you are overriding the stated default values. Override only those settings that are necessary for configuring the system to meet the needs of your organization.

Cluster Controller

ClusterConfig.xml

ccslogging.xml

ORACLE_INSTANCE\config\OracleBIApplication\coreapplication

For example:

\instances\instance1\config\OracleBIApplication\coreapplication

Oracle BI Scheduler

instanceconfig.xml

ccslogging.xml
                    (for Cluster Controller)

ORACLE_INSTANCE\config\OracleBISchedulerComponent\coreapplication_obischn

For example:

\instances\instance1\config\OracleBISchedulerComponent\coreapplication_obisch1

JavaHost

config.xml

logging_config.xml

ORACLE_INSTANCE\config\OracleBIJavaHostComponent\coreapplication_obijhn

For example:

\instances\instance1\config\OracleBIJavaHostComponent\coreapplication_obijh1

Oracle BI Presentation Services Plug-in

bridgeconfig.properties

MW_HOME\user_projects\domains\domain_name\config\fmwconfig\biinstances\coreapplication

For example:

mw_home\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\config\fmwconfig\biinstances\coreapplication

1 person found this helpful