3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 7:02 PM by Gianni Ceresa

How can we use presentation variable in Time series Functions in Analytics

Hi Experts,

How can we use presentation variable in Time series Functions in Analytics.Can any one suggest me on this one ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How can we use presentation variable in Time series Functions in Analytics
          Gianni Ceresa

Did you try in the standard way by just calling the variable?

@{your_variable_name}{a_default_value_if_you_want_it}

For example AGO("Base Facts"."1- Revenue", "Time"."Time Hierarchy"."Year", @{pv_years}{0})

The default value is generally "optional" but if you use the presentation variable in time series functions you need to have one to avoid an error when the variable is not set.

• 2. Re: How can we use presentation variable in Time series Functions in Analytics

Hi Ceresa,

Thank you for reply.

My scenario:

I have  2 presentaion variables

1."Fromdate" and 2."Todate" are  prompts in dashboard . In report level i used these variables and also i have sales measure column i wrote  formula for that column like TODATE(sales,year)

in this scenario how sales measure works in dashboard level?how can we pass "Todate" presenation variable to  TODATE of time series function .Can you suggest me on this one

Thanks

• 3. Re: How can we use presentation variable in Time series Functions in Analytics
              Gianni Ceresa

So you would like to have sales figures for the periods between your selected "fromdate" and "todate" ?

In that case the time series function TODATE will not help you at all ....

ToDate aggregates a measure attribute from the beginning of a specified time period to the currently displayed time. For example, this function can calculate Year to Date sales.

TODATE always calculate up to the selected period of your analysis, not between 2 different dates.

If you want sales figures between 2 dates why don't you just adapt your filter to be a BETWEEN "fromdate" AND "todate" ?