ANNOUNCEMENT: community.oracle.com is currently Read only due to planned upgrade until 29-Sep-2020 9:30 AM Pacific Time. Any changes made during Read only mode will be lost and will need to be re-entered when the application is back read/write.
I have already asked this question in the apex forum but have not received any response so I thought I'd try here.
I have installed Apex 4.2.6 and standalone ORDS 2.0
I have a working app on apex.oracle.com that I have imported into my local environment.
In my local environment I can generate pdf files from reports and report queries if I use the generic layout. If I use a report layout based on xsl-fo file I get "String index out of range: -1" and a corrupt pdf file.
The exact same layout and report query works on apex.oracle.com.
I have reinstalled the latest versions of ORDS and Apex.
I have tried a simple report with just one numeric field but get the same error.
Can someone please suggest my next steps. I see this problem has been noted several times in the past but none of the previously suggested fixes - UTF8, latest versions, simple layout - have worked.