14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 10:13 AM by PaoloM

4.1EA2: quick outline does not show full package contents

PaoloM

Hello,

I just downloaded the EA2 and I noticed an issue in the Outline dialog. I have the Outline dialog pinned on the left side of my workspace and in 4.1EA2 I noticed that it does not display the full outline of the package shown in the code editor, but it does correctly if I close and reopen the package.

For the test below, I logged in as the APPS user on an eBS 12.1.3 instance with db version 11.2.0.3.0. I have used only seeded objects that are delivered with eBS 12.1.3, so that you should be able to replicate consistently the issues.

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue

1) start SQLDev 4.1EA2 and connect to the eBS instance as the APPS database user;

2) open the database Find DB Objects window and look for the string "pqp%pens%fun%" (without double quotes);

3) single click on the specification of package PQP_PENSION_FUNCTIONS and verify that the Outline panel is showing only a part of the content of the package;

4) close the code editor window and reopen again the same package spec and verify that the Outline panel will now show the full content of the package;

5) close SQLDev 4.1EA2;

6) start SQLDev 4.0.3 and connect to the eBS instance as the APPS database user;

7) open the database Find DB Objects window and look for the string "pqp%pens%fun%" (without double quotes);

8) single click on the specification of package PQP_PENSION_FUNCTIONS and verify that the Outline panel is showing the full content of the package right away;

9) close SQLDev 4.0.3;

Please note that the issue happens with several other packages (custom and seeded) and also for package bodies and procedures. I hope somebody can try to replicate and check if there is something to be fixed.

Thanks,

Paolo Marzucco