3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 4:10 PM by Chuggans-Oracle

DRM-61045 : Error found for 11.1.2.4 version

Hello Guys,

Recently I have joined oracle community and got really good feedback and help from all followers.

Hope we will stay connected and troubleshoot issues.

Right now I'm working on DRM installation & configuration of latest version 11.1.2.4 on Windows 2012 Standard R2.

I have everything configured but whenever tried register with EPM registry getting an error "DRM-61045: There is no running CSS bridge process for this application" .

When I had checked Event log, it was showing as error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name:      Application
      Source:        Oracle DRM Server Processes
      Date:          3/9/2015 9:18:17 AM
      Event ID:      0
      Task Category: None
      Level:         Error
      Keywords:      Classic
      User:          N/A
      Computer:      <Server Name>

Description:
      [Process ID: 3960, Thread ID: 6, DRM Service]
      The CSS Bridge application is not reachable on machine PFGDSMEPMSxxx using port 5270.

Event Xml:
      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
        <System>
          <Provider Name="Oracle DRM Server Processes" />
          <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
          <Level>2</Level>
          <Task>0</Task>
          <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-03-09T14:18:17.000000000Z" />
          <EventRecordID>8832</EventRecordID>
          <Channel>Application</Channel>
          <Computer>PFGDSMEPMSxxx</Computer>
          <Security />
        </System>
        <EventData>
          <Data>[Process ID: 3960, Thread ID: 6, DRM Service]
      The CSS Bridge application is not reachable on machine PFGDSMEPMSxxx using port 5270.

</Data>
        </EventData>
      </Event>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody have any idea, how should I resolved CSS bridges issue for current environment?

Kind Regards,

Harshal Kulkarni

• 1. Re: DRM-61045 : Error found for 11.1.2.4 version
          Chuggans-Oracle

I think we might have actually just identified this as a bug & this is being looked into at the moment. I've found over the past week or so that it does work if the CSS Bridge component is running on Server 2008 but the rest of the components are running on Server 2012. If you're also getting the error below in the event log on the machine where the CSS bridge is trying to start I think you've got the issue I've been having a look at:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
          - <System>
            <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
            <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
            <Level>2</Level>
            <Task>0</Task>
            <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
            <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-03-05T16:13:06.000000000Z" />
            <EventRecordID>3192</EventRecordID>
            <Channel>Application</Channel>
            <Computer>server</Computer>
            <Security />
            </System>
          - <EventData>
          <Data>Application: drm-netjnibridge-host.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException Stack: at <Module>.CHfJVMThreadHelper.{ctor}(CHfJVMThreadHelper*) at <Module>.CAuthentication.{ctor}(CAuthentication*, Char*, Char*, Char*, Int16) at Oracle.Drm.NetJNIBridge.CASSecurity.Initialize(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.String, System.String) at Oracle.Drm.NetJNIBridge.Host.Program.Main(System.String[])</Data>
            </EventData>
            </Event>

In order to get the CSS bridge running on another Server 2008 box (which works as a temporary measure for me) you would need to:

1. Install and configure foundation services on a separate Server 2008 machine

2. Install the DRM CSS Bridge on the Server 2008 machine (but don't configure DRM configuration console).

3. Configure CSS tab of DRM configuration console on Server 2012 box to point to the Server 2008 box (Configuration > Host Machines > CSS > General > CSS Bridge Host).

4. Ensure that DRM service is started on Server 2008 box then start the DRM service on Server 2012 box

5. Hopefully you'll see the drm-netjnibridge-host.exe process start on the Server 2008 box if you check the task manager and you'll be able to use CSS users

I've tried every other possible permutation I could think of to get the drm-netjnibridge-host.exe process started on Server 2012 but without success. Hope this helps.

Regards

Craig

• 2. Re: DRM-61045 : Error found for 11.1.2.4 version

Craig,

Yes, you are absolutely right.

As we had set up Win 2008 R2 Server just for testing purpose of new DRM version (11.1.2.4) and configured successfully.  But I had got strange reply from Oracle for CSS bug after set up Win 2012 R2 and tried to configure CSS bridges with EPM registry.

Right now we are following same architecture as you mentioned. We are using CSS bridges of SANDBOX server (Windows 2008 R2) and we are able to connect new DRM application (Running on 2012) with SANDBOX shared services.

But I feel, it doesn't make it any sense to configure multiple server for single instance. As DRM is additional utility in EPM and I think, it would be better if we go with Windows 2008 R2 O.S to install and configure DRM set up.

I hope, oracle will fix this bug ASAP and we will get chance proceed further with DRM upgrade part.

Appreciated for your prompt response.

Kind Regards,

Harshal Kulkarni 

• 3. Re: DRM-61045 : Error found for 11.1.2.4 version
              Chuggans-Oracle

Hi Harshal,

Yes I agree wholeheartedly that it doesn't make sense in the long run to have two sets of servers up just to be able to use the CSS bridge. All I was personally wanting to do when I bumped into this issue was get the DRM web services up and running on Server 2012. I tried to enable the CSS bridge and bang, bye bye web services set up and hello investigating CSS bridge problem

If this is delaying your development efforts or further implementation of your 11.1.2.4 environment though and you do have a box available with Server 2008 where you can install and configure DRM then it might be an idea to install and configure DRM on Server 2008 for the time being. That should hopefully minimize any further delays whilst this is being investigated by DRM development and let you simplify the infrastructure setup.

Regards

Craig