3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2015 2:30 PM by Gianni Ceresa

How to exclude a value from a prompt

user1116922

Hi,

I have a prompt on an attribute 'Agent full name' in the dashboard. The dashboard is to show the sales for the agents in different regions and their comparison.

I got a feedback from users that they are aware of few agents who use to do good in respective regions. So they want to exclude those agents from the prompt and run the reports.

The prompt on the 'Agent Full Name' is a multi select and it has few thousands of values.

In the 'Select Values' pop up for the prompt, by default only 1 - 256 values are returned. Users are currently clicking on 'More" button until they see that particular Agent full name, then they click 'Move all' button to move all the values to Selected pane. Again in Selected pane they choose that particular Agent full name and remove that agent.

This is how they are currently excluding a particular Agent Full Name and run the reports.

Is there any better approach?

We are using 11.1.1.6.2.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to exclude a value from a prompt
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

So your users want to be able to select one or few agents and have the analysis with the selected agents and also be able to see all the agents but not one or few specific agents?

Why don't you add another prompt (presentation variable, not column) next to it (radio button) where the user can select "IN" or "NOT IN" to define the behavior of the agent prompt?

In that way you can easily cover both situations: select some agents or select all the agents except the few selected in the prompt.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to exclude a value from a prompt
            user1116922

Hi Gianni,

I tried to implement your suggestion but its not working as expected.

Below is how I have mentioned the filters in the report.

'Include' is equal to / is in  @{agent_ex}

AND  Master Agent Cd is equal to / is in  @{master_agent}

OR   Master Agent Cd is not equal to / is not in  @{master_agent}

AND  'Exclude' is equal to / is in  @{agent_ex}

When I choose few agents and select Exclude and run the report, the dashboard is not returning the expected value.

I could see the below conditions applied to the report. I got this from Analyze.

'Include' is equal to / is in  Exclude 

AND  Master Agent Cd is equal to / is in  FLAGS AGENCY, LLC 5443; KENY AVE. 4101;  

OR   Master Agent Cd is equal to / is in  FLAGS AGENCY, LLC 5443; KENY AVE. 4101;  

AND  'Exclude' is equal to / is in  Exclude

Thanks.

• 3. Re: How to exclude a value from a prompt
              Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

I just did a test on SampleApp and it works fine ...

Have a look: http://slc02oka.oracle.com:7780/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=%2Fusers%2Fprodney%2Fgianni.ceresa%2FBorderless%2…

(as long as your network settings allow you to access the link)

Capture.PNG

This is the filter I used, to avoid the column prompt to override the "is in @variable" and "is not in @variable" I protected these 2 filters. Also assign a default value to your Include / Exclude presentation variable, just to avoid errors when empty and things like that.

1 person found this helpful