2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 1:45 PM by Afocante2015

FNDLOAD USERS (UPLOAD) - Locked users

Afocante2015

I am migrating more than 1000 users from one instance to another (project go live), using the FNDLOAD.

Everything looks to work fine, but when I FNDLOAD UPLOAD in the target instance, the users are created but with Locked Status. I can't find a way to FNDLOAD UPLOAD keeping same password or user to be able to change the password in first login.

We have 12.1.3, DB 11gR2.

FNDLOAD example:

DOWNLOAD: FNDLOAD apps/apps 0 Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afscursp.lct AACOSTAC.ldt FND_USER USER_NAME='AACOSTAC';

UPLOAD:      FNDLOAD apps/SH8mtuzk 0 Y UPLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afscursp.lct AACOSTAC.ldt FND_USER;

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: FNDLOAD USERS (UPLOAD) - Locked users
          Cuauhtemoc Amox

Problem with passwords is that encrypting relies on the APPS password so the encrypted value is not transportable among instances unless the APPS schema credentials are the same (see the lct for parameters to download/upload the password as the default is not to do it).

Now, if users are already migrated, the way to unlock is to assign a password and set the password date to null to force a password change. This can be done via the user API:

fnd_user_pkg.UpdateUser(
                  x_user_name => l_user_name
                , x_owner => 1
                , x_unencrypted_password => 'Welcome1' -- password in clear text
                , x_password_date => trunc( sysdate ) -- null to require password change, date value to let the password remain
                , x_end_date => fnd_user_pkg.null_date );

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FNDLOAD USERS (UPLOAD) - Locked users
            Afocante2015

I found a parameter to run as "DOWNLOAD_PASSWORD=Y"  while downloading with FNDLOAD, and to UPLOAD you can use the "UPDATE_USER=Y" , and this works perfectly. All the users are loaded as "Active"