I am experiencing an import issue with csv files generated from MS Dynamics AX ERP, a Reporting Services query I guess.
Having a look at the concerned files using notepad++ I can see that encoding is UTF-8.
As a workaround, if I open files using Excel and re-save it as csv, then they are encoded as ANSI as UTF-8, in that case FDMEE import process is effective.
Regarding our settings (FDMEE v.18.104.22.168.530):
- System level: file charset is set to UTF-8
- System level: no specified file charset
- User level: no specified file charset
My questions are :
- Is this normal behavior? Why UTF-8 files are not supported if system level conf sayz UTF-8?
- Is it relative to system encoding (OS, DB...)
- Is it related to file so do I have to force encoding through befImport script?
I had a deep look at this article http://akafdmee.blogspot.fr/2014/11/importing-files-with-different-file.html which is great but still no magic solution comes to my mind! I'll keep on testing.
what do you exactly see in Notepad++?
can you add screenshot?