7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2015 9:49 PM by Akash Panda

PO Approval Limit Setup

Akash Panda

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me understand where do we set the Approval Limit Amount for a specific position in the Position Approval Hirearchy.

Thanks,

Akash

• 1. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
          Mohammed Ahmad

Hello,

I think this question should be directed to Procurement - EBS (MOSC)

In short,

• Define Approval Groups (Purchasing Responsibility -> Setup -> Approvals -> Approval Groups). For each approval group assign at least one Document Total and one Account Range
          • Assign Approval Groups to positions (Purchasing Responsibility -> Setup -> Approvals -> Approval Assignments). Assignment is at document level.

Now let me know what you are looking for exactly,

Regards

• 2. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
            Akash Panda

Hi Ahmad,

I am looking for the Approval Limit for a Person holding any position.

If a PO Of 1000$ goes to one Approval Group which is having 3 Positions(1,2,3),where i can i see the Approval Limit of Position 1,2 and 3.

Thanks,

Akash

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
              Sanjay Desai EBS

Hi Akash,

In Approval Group screen,   'Amount Limit'  for object 'Document Total' is stands for PO Approval Limit.

If you set the Amount Limit = 1000 for Document Total and then assign the same approval group to Position 1,2,3  then 1000 will became the Approval limit for position 1,2,3.

• 4. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
                Elhoussini.Fawzy-Oracle

Search Results:

-----------

Please consider the previous updates from Mohammad and Sanjay (consider [the Approval Groups --you can assign at least one Document Total and the amount limit]  and [Approval Assignments where you can define position, Document type and approval group])..as in the previous search results.

• 5. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
                  Akash Panda

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the clarification.Could you please go through the below approach and confirm if i am correct.

If i have PO of Amount Limit = 1000 and i want to get it approved by routing it through 3 Positions(Inventory Manager,Account Manager,CFO)

So after creating Job,Position and Position Hierarchy

I need to create 3 Approval Group: (Approval Group Form)

Inventory Manager Group : Document Total = 100

Account Manager Group : Document Total = 500

CFO Group : Document Total = 1000

Then i need to associate the Document Type(Standard Purchase Order) to all the 3 groups under respective positions. (Assignment Approval From)

Position : Inventory Manager

Document Type : Standard Purchase Order Approval Group : Inventory Manager Group

Position : Account Manager

Document Type : Standard Purchase Order Approval Group :Account Manager Group

Position : CFO

Document Type : Standard Purchase Order Approval Group : CFO Group

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Akash

• 6. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
                    Sanjay Desai EBS

Yes, you are going in right direction.

As per your setup, the PO approval limit of Inventory Manager, A/c Manager & CFO will be Rs. 100, 500 & 1000 respectively.

But, after creating the Position Hierarchy, you must have to run the 'Fill Employee Hierarchy' Concurrent program to take the position hierarchy in effect.

• 7. Re: PO Approval Limit Setup
                      Akash Panda

Thanks a lot Sanjay...It's really helpful.