5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 12:58 PM by Gianni Ceresa

Merged RPD not working

Hi Folks

I had 4 different RPD's in four different machines. I merged all four of them using the Merge option in the admin tool, into one machine as the requirement had changed. But when I upload the merged rpd in the enterprise manager I am not getting the reports in the OBIEE dashboards. Please help. I have attached the screenshots below.

11.png22.png

• 1. Re: Merged RPD not working
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

A good thing when having error messages on screen is to read them. I did it thanks to your screenshot and here is what I read in your error message:

Oracle Error code: 12154, message: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified at OCI call OCIserverAttach. [nQSError: 17014] Could not connect to Oracle database. (HY000)

The good news: OBIEE is working just fine ...

The bad news: your connection pool are using wrong connection information (datasource name, username, password).

Merging RPD and move them on 1 single server doesn't magically change the connection pools to adapt the settings.

Open the connection pools of your 4 physical databases defined in your RPD, check what settings you have there inside, validate the TNS is known and "pingable" from the BI server (tnsping) and make sure you can connect.

It's a DB connection issue, nothing more.

• 2. Re: Merged RPD not working

Thanks. I didnt really realise the connection pool settings. Checked the error message after posting this and figured out what the issue is. Its working now!! 

• 3. Re: Merged RPD not working
              Gianni Ceresa

Great news, have fun with your merged RPD

Just one last step: close the thread so it will help others with similar issues ( This question is Not Answered. )

• 4. Re: Merged RPD not working

I have one more query. I have the dashboards in my local machine, but now I have to rework the same in the server. Is there any method by which I can import the designs in my other instance instead of designing from the scratch ?

Please assist me in closing this thread. I am new to the community and unable to do it.

• 5. Re: Merged RPD not working
                  Gianni Ceresa

For your dashboard on your local system you can export them and import them on your server. You can do it online (web interface) in the catalog page or also using Catalog Manager (installed in the same time as the Admin tool). You select the folder (or objects) you want, you archive them and than you unarchive on your server.

If it's a dashboard you need to move all the objects used by the dashboard if you want them (analysis, prompts, filters, conditions etc.). If the place where you unarchive your dashboard has a different path than the one where it was created you will need to reassign your objects (analysis etc.) to your dashboard because OBIEE store absolute paths to objects (and not related to the dashboard itself).

To close the thread I'm not really sure where is the button (long time I didn't open one), but you must have links or buttons to flag the thread as answered, this is the equivalent to closing it.