7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 1:32 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Connection Test

Hey people,

Consider I am using the SQL developer tool. Is there any possibility for me to connect to any DB using any scripts in the development window?

I know we can connect to a DB using the CONNECTIONS->NEW CONNECTION manually, but do we have any script for confirming the username,password, host, SID altogether from the SQL developer window itself?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Connection Test

2664030 wrote:

Hey people,

Consider I am using the SQL developer tool. Is there any possibility for me to connect to any DB using any scripts in the development window?

I know we can connect to a DB using the CONNECTIONS->NEW CONNECTION manually, but do we have any script for confirming the username,password, host, SID altogether from the SQL developer window itself?

Thanks.

in what language is the script written?

• 2. Re: Connection Test

I meant to ask if there is any script available for testing a connection in a SQL window itself.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Connection Test

2664030 wrote:

I meant to ask if there is any script available for testing a connection in a SQL window itself.

Thanks.

what is needed to connect to remote database using SQL?

• 4. Re: Connection Test

Just wanted to know if it is possible or not.

We use SQLPLUS command in COMMAND PROMPT and connect to a DB like CONN USERNAME/PASSWORD@HOSTNAME:PORT/SID.

But I wonder if there is any such command in the SQL DEVELOPER tool window to connect a schema.

• 5. Re: Connection Test

>We use SQLPLUS command in COMMAND PROMPT and connect to a DB like CONN USERNAME/PASSWORD@HOSTNAME:PORT/SID.

syntax above is NOT valid

if you disagree, post COPY & PASTE proof above works as posted

• 6. Re: Re: Connection Test
                    John Stegeman

It works just fine, @sol.beach

C:\>sqlplus /nolog                                                 

SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.2.0 Production on Tue Apr 7 07:50:34 2015 

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle.  All rights reserved.            

SQL> conn hr/hr@localhost:1521/xe.xuber.com                        
                    Connected.                                                         
                    SQL>                           

@OP I don't know of any way in SQL Developer, but perhaps you can ask in their forum.

• 7. Re: Connection Test
                      thatJeffSmith-Oracle

you can run connects in a worksheet