1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 8:41 AM by MariaKarpa(MK)

How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Hi all,

Has anybody here able to configure and create  WebADI user in EBS R12.2?

Can you share me the process please.

Thanks a lot,

mk

• 1. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
          ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

please see

Web Applications Desktop Integrator (Web ADI) List of Patches(Doc ID 726989.1)

R12:Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Web ADI (Web Applications Desktop Integrator) (Doc ID 452452.1)

for notes

Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release Notes for Release 12.2(Doc ID 1375758.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Product Specific Release Notes, Release 12.2.2(Doc ID 1585844.1)

Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release Notes for Release 12.2.3(Doc ID 1605589.1)  

Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release Notes for Release 12.2.4(Doc ID 1911899.1)

What Is The Table Name That Stores WEB ADI Interface (Doc ID 1493235.1)

ApPsMaStI

sharing is Caring

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Thanks dearest friend, I will check it ...brb

• 3. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Hi appsmasti,

The documents above is so confusing, I do not know which the best to  follow to setup WebADI.

It says I have to install patches

But I am not really sure if they are mandatory

Or maybe they are already installed?

Capture.PNG

How do I know if WebADI was already installed or configured, or pre-built in our instance?

Please help....

Thanks a lot,

mk

• 4. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

How do I know if WebADI was already installed or configured, or pre-built in our instance?

please see

Note: 452452.1 - R12:Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Web ADI

its an auto-configurable thing there are no steps to verify Web ADI setups

please apply the patches if they arent applied in your instance and proceed

ApPsMaStI

sharing is Caring

• 5. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Thanks dear friend,

I search the patch using the OAM dashboard, and typed R12.BNE.C

but its says no rows selected. Is my search criteria correct? or do I have to put the numeric patch number?

Thanks a lot,

mk

• 6. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                    ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

please see

Note 1187103.1: How To Know If A Patch Is Applied Using Oracle Applications Manager - OAM ?.

AppsMastI

sharing is Caring

• 7. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Hi dear friend,

Note:452452.1 said it is applicable to:

Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
                      Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator - Version 12.2.3 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.2]
                      Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
                      Information in this document applies to any platform.

Web Application Desktop Integrator (Web ADI) in Oracle Application Release 12.

Is there separete note for 12.2.4? Since this is our instance version

Thanks a lot,

mk

• 8. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                        ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

please see

As per Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Release Notes for Release 12.2.4 (Doc ID 1911899.1)

section 2.5 White Papers

its applicable

ApPsMaStI

sharing is Caring

• 9. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Hi appsmasti,

For the patches note 726989.1

The note said:

The customers should not apply any of these patches without consulting with support first.

These patches are neither pre-requisite patches nor they should be applied pro-actively, i.e. not to be applied unless encountering the exact issue for which the patch has been released.

So I do not need to apply them?

My issue is just how to configure the WebAdi. And based on the note  452452.1 you gave me, WebADI is already configured? So I do not have to do anything?

1. The BNE patches are now released through ATG Family packs. Customers are advised to apply latest ATG patches to get latest versions of BNE

Question: How do I know what is the latest ATG patches?

2 .  To be able to access 'Web ADI' functionality of defining layouts and mappings, assign 'Desktop Integration' responsibility to the required user

Question: So this means to be able to use WebADI I will create a user "MARIA" and assign 'Desktop Integration' responsibility to it?

As simple as that?

How do the functional users be able to use WebADI? Do they need to access this "MARIA" user? Or do I have to  assign their userid with 'Desktop Integration' responsibility as well?

Is it okay to assign all of the functional userid?

Please help clarify some doubts...

Thanks a lot,

mk

• 10. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                            ;) ApPsMasTi ;)

please see

So I do not need to apply them?

Yeah! you dont need to those are bug fixes

My issue is just how to configure the WebAdi. And based on the note  452452.1

you gave me, WebADI is already configured? So I do not have to do anything?

if u have lastest ATG patches applied BNE code levels

SELECT SUBSTR(application_short_name,1,4) short_name

FROM fnd_application_vl a,fnd_product_installations b

WHERE a.application_id = b.application_id and application_short_name like '%BNE%';

How to check which Techstack patchsets have been applied on 11i or R12 ?

Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Note 1617461.1

Oracle E-Business Suite Applications DBA and Technology Stack Release Notes for R12.AD.C.Delta.6 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.6 Note 1983782.1

So this means to be able to use WebADI I will create a user "MARIA" and assign 'Desktop Integration' responsibility to it?

As simple as that?

you need to assign web adi Responsibility to those user who intend to work on WEB ADI.

How do the functional users be able to use WebADI? Do they need to access this "MARIA" user? Or do I have to  assign their user id with 'Desktop Integration' responsibility as well?

assign their USER ID

Is it okay to assign all of the functional userid?

depends on your organization security policies

please refer the implementation manual available via MetaLink:Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator Implementation and Administration Guide, Release 12, part No. B31411-01

ApPsMaStI

sharing is Caring

• 11. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Hi dear friend,

SELECT application_short_name

FROM fnd_application_vl a,fnd_product_installations b

WHERE a.application_id = b.application_id and application_short_name like '%BNE%';

APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME

--------------------------------------------------

BNE

How do I  know which version of BNE is this? Is it R12.BNE.C?

Thanks,

mk

• 12. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                                AnLed

Test to see if BNE is up and running

http://<server>:<port>/servlets/BNETEST

http://<server>:<port>/servlets/oracle.apps.bne.framework.BneCaboTestServlet

http://:<server>:<port>/servlets/oracle.apps.bne.framework.BneSnoopServlet

If it is then create Web ADI Responsibility (or should be available from FA Responsibility)> assign this to a user (as above MARIA) and log in as user > open Web ADI

• 13. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2

Thanks dear friend

I will check that...brb

• 14. Re: How to configure WebADI  for EBS R12.2
                                    AnLed

SELECT b.application_name, a.application_id, a.patch_level, a.status

FROM fnd_product_installations a, fnd_application_tl b

WHERE a.application_id=b.application_id

and a.application_id in (231);

1 2 3 Previous Next