4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2006 8:21 AM by 411951 RSS

Compiling rdf via command line (rwbuilder 10g)

Hi all,

Is it possible to compile a report via commant line?
      Report builfder version 9.0.4.0.33

Thanks

Vismantas
        • 1. Re: Compiling rdf via command line (rwbuilder 10g)
          try foloowing batch file to compile all reports in folder

cls
          Echo compiling Report .....
          for %%f IN (c:\yourproject\*.rdf) do RWCON60 userid=user/pw@db batch=yes source=%%f stype=rdffile DTYPE=REPFILE OVERWRITE=yes logfile=log.txt
          ECHO FINISHED COMPILING
          • 2. Re: Compiling rdf via command line (rwbuilder 10g)
            Hi Shnaveed,

With oracle developer varsion 6 i think this would work but i have
            developer 10g and it does not have RWCON60 or RWCON90
            • 3. Re: Compiling rdf via command line (rwbuilder 10g)
              use rwconverter found in OH/bin

Thanks
              Subodh
              • 4. Re: Compiling rdf via command line (rwbuilder 10g)
                I tried using rwconverter:

rwconverter userid=user/pwd@db batch=yes source=%%f stype=rdffile dtype=jspfile overwrite=yes logfile=log.txt

The problem is
                In some cases, rwconverter automatically compiles the report's PL/SQL as part of the conversion process. Provided that your conversion destination is not a .rex file, PL/SQL is automatically compiled under the following conditions: converting to a .rep file. If there are compile errors, rwconverter displays an error message and the .rep file is not created. using a .rex file as the source. If there are compile errors, rwconverter displays a warning, but the conversion continues. using a report created on another platform than the source. If there are compile errors, rwconverter displays a warning, but the conversion continues

So if i use rwconverter and convert my report from rdf to rdf, as i need only to compile rdf, rwconverter does not do the job.

I have found a work around:
                First to convert rdf to jsp and then convert that jsp back to rdf. Then rdf gets compiled but i do not like it as in some cases rdf becomes crashed.