6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 8:24 PM by fmartin1

Performance Issue in Oracle EBS

fmartin1

Hi Group,

I am working in a performance issue at customer site, let me explain the behaviour.

There is one node for the database and other for the application.

Application server is running all the services.

EBS version is 12.1.3 and database version is: 11.1.0.7 with AIX both servers..

Customer has added memory to both servers (database and application) initially they had 32 Gbytes, now they have 128 Gbytes.

Today, I have increased memory parameters for the database and also I have increased JVM's proceesses from 1 to 2 for Forms and OAcore, both JVM's are 1024M.

The behaviour is when users are navigating inside of the form, and they push the down button quickly the form gets thinking (reloading and waiting 1 or 2 minutes to response), it is no particular for a specific form, it is just happening in several forms.

Gathering statistics job is scheduled every weekend, I am not sure what can be the problem, I have collected a trace of the form and uploaded it to Oracle Support with no success or advice.

I have just send a ping command and the reponse time between servers is below to 5 ms.

I have several activities in mind like:

- OATM conversion.

- ASM implementation.

- Upgrade to 11.2.0.4.

Has anybody had this behaviour?, any advice about this problem will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco Mtz.

• 1. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
          fmartin1

I forgot to mention something, there are not a lot of users when this behaviour is present, we have tested it at this moment, after restarting the application service and changing the memory parameters.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco Mtz.

• 2. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
            fmartin1

Hi group,

I have just captured a trace with waits and binds of the form session and I can see a lot of elapsed time on this event:

WAIT #0: nam='SQL*Net message to client' ela= 3 driver id=1952673792 #bytes=1 p3=0 obj#=-1 tim=356389390422

*** 2015-04-16 11:01:38.140

WAIT #0: nam='SQL*Net message from client' ela= 62147918 driver id=1952673792 #bytes=1 p3=0 obj#=-1 tim=356451538372

I have just tested while scrolling records inside of the application.

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco Mtz.

• 3. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
              Bashar.

Hi,

If both servers are on the same network then the ping should not exceed 2 ms.

Have you checked the network performance between the clients and the application server?

What is the status of the CPU usage on both servers?

Did this happen after you performed the hardware upgrade?

Regards,

Bashar

• 4. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
                fmartin1

Hi Bashar, thank you very much for your quick response.

If both servers are on the same network then the ping should not exceed 2 ms.

If I remember, I did a ping last Wednesday, and there were some peaks over 5 ms.

Have you checked the network performance between the clients and the application server?

Also, I did a ping from the PC to the application and database, and it was responding in less than 1 ms.

What is the status of the CPU usage on both servers?

There aren't overhead in the CPU side, I tested it (scrolling getting frozen) with no users in the application.

Did this happen after you performed the hardware upgrade?

Yes, it happened after changing some memory parameters in the JVM and the database.

Oracle has suggested to apply the latest Forms patches according to this Note: Doc ID 437878.1

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco Mtz.

• 5. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
                  Bashar.

Hi,

I suggest to go ahead with applying the forms patches especially the forms overlay patch (19434967).

If this does not resolve the issue, then I suggest to revert the JVM parameters and observe the response time.

The database parameters are unlikely to cause this issue so don't change them yet.

Regards,

Bashar

• 6. Re: Performance Issue in Oracle EBS
                    fmartin1

Hi Bashar,

The issue was even before changing the JVM's parameters, I was monitoring Forms sessions and according to my criteria I decided to increase memory and number of processes for Forms and OACore JVMs, but it didn't solve the issue.

I am going to install all the suggested Forms patches.

I will post if this issue is solved after installing all the suggested Forms patches.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco Mtz.