8 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2015 4:02 PM by Kj - Kiran Jadhav

WF Notification not Sent to particular User

Kirushna

Hi all,

My Env:

EBS : R12.1.3

DB   : 11.1.0.7

Only a particular user not receiving the notification after getting approved.

Crosschecked the user's preference, It states MAILHTML.

Notification table shows the 'status as Closed' and 'mail_status as SENT'.

Email id is also set correctly for the user.

Kindly provide some inputs to move forward. how to troubleshoot from here on?

Regards,

Krish.

• 1. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
          Kj - Kiran Jadhav

Hi Krish,

Please see :

A Guide For Troubleshooting Workflow Notification Emails - Inbound and Outbound (Doc ID 831982.1)

- Try to Run $FND_TOP/sql/wfmlrdbg.sql for notification id and check the status of the message

- Please check with your system admin team who manages the mail server for the status of email (you may need to provide from and to address to track)

- Check if the notification for that  particular user going to Discard folder after approval.

- Please check if the mails are going into junk folder in outlook.

Regards,

Kiran

• 2. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
            Kirushna

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply.

I have used the debug script for the notification, it shows the status as 'sent'.

checked the junk folder.

I will check with option 2 & 3. Will update you.

Regards,

Krish.

• 3. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
              Kirushna

Hi Kiran,

I have requested sysadmin team to check mail status in mail server. Still I didn't get any input from their side.

If the notification for the user is going to discard folder, how to resolve?

Regards,

Krish

• 4. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
                AJay B

Also try sending a test email from workflow administration to the user.

• 5. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
                  Kj - Kiran Jadhav

Hi Krish,

If the notification for the user is going to discard folder, how to resolve?

- First check, If the notifications approved through email are going to Discard folder for that user.

- Try to approve the notification from workflow worklist from EBS application and see if its going to Discard folder or processing successfully.

Please run below command to see notifications moved to Discard folder

grep ":DISCARD:"  $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG/FNDCPGSC*.txt  > mlrerr.log

grep "Approver:" $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG/FNDCPGSC*.txt  > mlrexc.log

Please run the following query to locate all current Workflow Mailer Service log:

set linesize 155;

set pagesize 200;

set verify off;

column MANAGER format a15;

column MEANING format a15;

SELECT concurrent_queue_name manager, fcp.last_update_date, fcp.concurrent_process_id pid, meaning, fcp.logfile_name

FROM fnd_concurrent_queues fcq, fnd_concurrent_processes fcp, fnd_lookups flkup

WHERE concurrent_queue_name in ('WFMLRSVC')

AND fcq.concurrent_queue_id = fcp.concurrent_queue_id

AND fcq.application_id = fcp.queue_application_id

AND flkup.lookup_code=fcp.process_status_code

AND lookup_type ='CP_PROCESS_STATUS_CODE'

AND meaning='Active';

If you find the notifications moving to the DISCARD folder for that particular user then you may need to increase the Workflow Mailer Log Level to Statement to capture additional diagnostics information in the Workflow Mailer Service log.

I would suggest to log a SR to debug further on this.

Regards,

Kiran

• 6. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
                    Kirushna

Hi Kiran,

Sorry for the delay...

Sysadmin confirmed there is no mail in Discard folder.

In workflow log, "IMAP can not able to connect" entries were found... later in 15 minutes, it connected again.

Please clarify, since notification is not received to a user... any way it is related to this IMAP connection issue.

I hope during the same time, wf mailer service could be down... Am I rite?

Kindly provide some inputs.

Regards,

Krish

• 7. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
                      Kj - Kiran Jadhav
                      In workflow log, "IMAP can not able to connect" entries were found... later in 15 minutes, it connected again.

Please see if this note helps : Workflow Cannot Connect to IMAP Sever: "Unable to Make a Network Connection" (Doc ID 577592.1)

I hope during the same time, wf mailer service could be down... Am I rite?

If you have any issue with IMAP then WF mailer services will be unavailable. you can schedule a script to check status of Workflow services.

Regards,

Kiran

• 8. Re: WF Notification not Sent to particular User
                        Kj - Kiran Jadhav

Also, one more thing - Please check the email id/person is correctly populated in "Users" form for that particular FND_USER.

Try to remove and re-attach the person.