You need to do the following:
- Change the host name and IP (if you didn't change it already)
- Make these changes reflected in the hosts file if you are using Unix/Linux
- Run adcfgclone.pl on both database and application tiers.
- Clean the CM setup (begin FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN; commit; end;)
- Run autoconfig on both tiers.
- Start up the services
Am I missing something here. This is what we do for cloning, but we always end up with the same system name.
In the context file there is a:
Which is what we want changed.
What I provided you is a quick method to do the needed.
If you need the official one, then you have to follow these documents:
Rel 11i: How to change the hostname and/or port of the Database Tier using AutoConfig (Doc ID 338003.1)
11i: How to change the hostname of an Applications Tier using AutoConfig (Doc ID 341322.1)
By the way, when you do the cloning you can change the host name and then run the cloning procedure using the new host name.