1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 9:12 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle

Issue sending concurrent request as email via the delivery options

Tammy76

HI,

I am experiencing an issue in our production environment which I cannot replicate in any of our test/clone env.  When using the option to send the output via email as a user, the following error is received in the FNDOPP log file:

[UNEXPECTED] [4181037:RT20830538] javax.mail.MessagingException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1020)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.finishData(SMTPTransport.java:942)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:391)

at oracle.apps.xdo.delivery.smtp.SMTPDeliveryRequestHandler.submitRequest(SMTPDeliveryRequestHandler.java:784)

We are using Exchange/Outlook, and our administrator says that in the log it shows that it is trying to send as the e-mail user we have set up for our service account for Workflow and XML Publisher.  (Set up in the Workflow administration and in the xdodelivery.cfg).  Thus the 'permissions' error.  That account is trying to send on behalf of the individual, and is not authorized. 

This only occurs in production.  In the non-production environments,  the issue does not occur and the e-mail is sent as the user.  The email is sent fine, and from what it shows on the Exchange side, appears to be going as unauthenticated vs authenticated in production. 

While I think the issue could be resolved via the patch described in MOS Doc ID 1509941.1,  since I can't replicate the issue I can't prove the patch will resolve.

The Linux Administrator and the Exchange administrator both say it is something in the configuration on the Oracle EBS side, but since these are clones with matching patch levels, it seems external to me.  But I don't know where to look or how to prove where.  It would be great if there a trace I could turn on that would show the details on where it is failing or where the hand-off is occurring.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can 'break' a non-production environment to replicate, or to give me insight on why this might be happening?