1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 12:28 PM by JanGLi

Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???

JanGLi

Hi,

I have installed EPM 11.1.2.4 on exalytics. When i try to open HFM application i am getting this error "EPMHFM-66054". I have logged and SR and they say that it is a bug which will be fixed in 11.1.2.4.100

I was wondering if anyone is able to get HFM working? and faced the same issue.

Regards

• 1. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
          JohnGoodwin

I don't expect you are going to get many replies and even so if Oracle has said it is a bug then you may be stuck, though I am suprised you can't open applications because that would mean HFM is pretty redundant or do you get the error and can then proceed?

I have seen that errror but that was done to an issue with the tnsnames.ora, what are the errors being generated in oracle-epm-fm-hsx-server.log

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
            JanGLi

Thanks for reply.

I checked the tns file and folder. It was stated on oracle support. But the error is not being caused by tns file.

No i can't proceed after an error.

Regards

• 3. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
              JanGLi

This is my first experience with HFM. As in planning we create data source and than assign that data source to an application. While creating a HFM application i can't see any option of data source.

Thought i did create data source in configure DSN. I have seen oracle guide of creating HFM application and there too isn't any mention of data source.

Regards

• 4. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                JohnGoodwin

There is no datasources to be created as by default all the applications will be in the HFM database/schema.

I would expect the logs to provide more information:

xfm.odl.AppName.log

oracle-epm-fm-hsx-server.log

Cheers

John

• 5. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                  JanGLi

This is the issue oracle support identified.

04T15:00:15.311+05:00] [FM] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.FM.HSX.SERVER.oracle.epm.fm.common.BaseSeviceManager] [tid: 11] [ecid: 0000KoUNaL2EgKf_LXWBye1LHoCg000000,0:1020] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.common.BaseSeviceManager] [SRC_METHOD: run] Service HSX_SERVER_NAME started successfully.

[2015-05-04T15:22:22.462+05:00] [FM] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.FM.HSXDSLM.oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceProcessManager] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0055JvJ6jIYEgKf_LXWBye0000ET0000AH,0:1:4] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceProcessManager] [SRC_METHOD: startDatasourceProcess] Starting a new datasource process for the application TESTHFM

[2015-05-04T15:22:22.472+05:00] [FM] [ERROR] [EPMHFM-66076] [oracle.FM.FMCOMMON.oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0055JvJ6jIYEgKf_LXWBye0000ET0000AH,0:1:4] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory] [SRC_METHOD: getClient] Server erpexalytics is unavailable, connection could not be established.[[

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:185)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory.getProtocol(ServiceClientFactory.java:171)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory.getClient(ServiceClientFactory.java:71)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.pingDatasource(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1038)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.performDataSourceHealthCheckup(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:804)

Regards

• 6. Re: Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                    JohnGoodwin

I can't speak for exalytics but I have installed on linux so basically it should operate the same and I would be shocked if it is a bug where you can't open an application.

I see the similiar errors in my Linux build though it does start to work once the application opens and no errors are generated in workspace.

[FM] [ERROR] [EPMHFM-66076] [oracle.FM.FMCOMMON.oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0055LLQBQSdFw0WFLzMMOA0000ob00001o,0:1:3] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory] [SRC_METHOD: getClient] Server oralinux6 is unavailable, connection could not be established.[[

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:185)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory.getProtocol(ServiceClientFactory.java:171)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.ServiceClientFactory.getClient(ServiceClientFactory.java:71)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.pingDatasource(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1038)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.performDataSourceHealthCheckup(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:804)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.isDatasourceRunning(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:782)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.waitForDSInitialization(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:711)

at oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl.getDatasourceInfo(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:689)

at oracle.epm.fm.hsxserver.service.HsxServerDelegate.openApplication(HsxServerDelegate.java:117)

at oracle.epm.fm.hsxserver.service.HsxServerImpl.createSession(HsxServerImpl.java:261)

at oracle.epm.fm.hsxserver.service.HsxServerServiceHandler.createSession(HsxServerServiceHandler.java:201)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.service.hsxserver.HsxServerService$Processor$createSession.getResult(HsxServerService.java:3851)

at oracle.epm.fm.common.service.hsxserver.HsxServerService$Processor$createSession.getResult(HsxServerService.java:3835)

at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:39)

at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:39)

at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:206)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:180)

... 18 more

]]

[FM] [WARNING] [] [oracle.FM.HSXDSLM.oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0055LLQBQSdFw0WFLzMMOA0000ob00001o,0:1:3] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [SRC_METHOD: pingDatasource] Unable to invoke ping on XDS management service for the application STAT4DIM ,

[FM] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.FM.HSXDSLM.oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0055LLQBQSdFw0WFLzMMOA0000ob00001o,0:1:3] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [SRC_METHOD: waitForDSInitialization] DataSource Process status for the application : STAT4DIM , Status : INITIALIZING_DS

[FM] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.FM.HSXDSLM.oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [tid: 14] [ecid: 0055LLQBQSdFw0WFLzMMOA0000ob00001o,0:1:3] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.epm.fm.dslm.DatasourceManagerImpl] [SRC_METHOD: waitForDSInitialization] The datasource process with PID -  4747 for the application STAT4DIM is started successfully.

Also there should be additional information in xfm.odl.TESTHFM.log

Cheers

John

• 7. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                      nizaaar

HI

• 8. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                        JanGLi

I raised a SR for that issue and the Oracle Technical personal said that it is a bug which is going to be fixed on the next coming version/patch (hfm 11.1.2.4.100).
                        He said that the release date would be around the last of this month (may).

Let see when it is released.

Regards

• 9. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                          JanGLi

This is the logged bug no.

Bug 20543308

• 10. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                            nizaaar

Ah ok , for us it work fine now , i delete all the tmp file in /tmp , this files is used by the mainwin , and after this action all work fine .

Did you check the mainwin logs in the HOME of your installation user?

• 11. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                              JanGLi

Sorry i am unable to understand what you mean by mainwin? and mainwin logs.

Regards

• 12. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                                JanGLi

This is what i get while searching MainWin.

MainWin is a software that let us use windows software on linux.

and it is located at $MWHOME/EPMSystem11R1/products/FinancialManagement/Server/mw/bin

But i am able to understand how does it effect this issue and how can i handle it.

Regards

• 13. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???
                                  nizaaar

Hi JanGli ,

In your user installation home($HOME) , you will found a directory .mw , in this directory you will find the logs for mainwin , this logs should tell you that mainwin is started.

(Like you said hfm use mainwin to emulate the windows plateform .)

What you can check also , is the link to your libraries , on doing an ldd to the xfmdatasource.exe and verify that all the libraries are available.

And maybe check if your user has the privilege read/write on the /tmp and also in /tmp/_WL_PROXY

And to finish the test you can move all the files in /tmp created by your user and restarted the HFMJavaServer.sh ( maybe you have a desynchronization betwen your process maiwin and the files  it use)

Regards.

• 14. Re: Has anyone installed and used HFM on exalytics???

Hi,

I hit the same error after created the application, may I know whether the issue has been solved and how? thanks.

Regards

SL

1 2 Previous Next